• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What the "High Guard Fix" does to canon LBB2 ships

Tradition.

Flying saucer being another option.
Traveller Tradition includes the Serpent Class (above). It's worth noting that it's not circular in cross-section... just a bit out of round. It's a favorite of mine...
I, myself, did some plans for a horizontal bullet shaped Type S... with the bridge on the lower deck - gives reason for pilot cautin, and better view of the landing site...

More practical might have been adding five tonnes to the Passenger Shuttle.

Single storey flying rectangle simplifies deckplanning.

Alaska, if the ceiling area from 5' upwards averages 7', it counts towards habitable space; for a typical sloped ceilinf this means 9' peak. Areas less than 5' don't count. At one point, the outer bound was 4'... late 1980's... so some friends places now no longer count as having a habitable upstairs loft...
Oregon requires 6' 8".
Texas requires 6' 8" unless there are ceiling hanging lights, in which case the ceiling needs to be 9'...
That's tiny?

Sweden requires 2.4 m [~8'] for permanent human occupancy, and 2.7 m [~9'] for public locales or many people.

In Sweden 10% of men are 1.9 m tall or more. A 2.0 m ceiling would be impractical?

That's tiny?

Sweden requires 2.4 m [~8'] for permanent human occupancy, and 2.7 m [~9'] for public locales or many people.

In Sweden 10% of men are 1.9 m tall or more. A 2.0 m ceiling would be impractical?
Being one of those who was 191 cm tall at one point... a 2m ceiling was not impractical A touch claustrophobia triggering, but not impractical.

I broke two ceiling fans in my old house, so when we added to this one we created a 'cathedral ceiling' so the fan would be out of my reach.

1135504_81_105210_vK6TDTb37.jpg

Back