• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Which Campaign Setting Sourcebooks Would You Like to See?

Which Campaign Setting Sourcebooks Would You Like to See?

• The Ancients Era

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • The Ziru Sirka (First Imperium)

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • The Interstellar Wars (currently in development by SJG for GURPS Traveller)

• The Rule of Man (Second Imperium)

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • The Long Night

• Milieu 0 (Founding of the Third Imperium)

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • The Civil War

Votes: 20 6.3%
  • The Millennium Era (Gateway Domain - Third Imperium circa 1000)

Votes: 70 21.9%
  • The Golden Age (The Spinward Marches - Third Imperium circa 1105)

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • The Rebellion Era

Votes: 89 27.8%
  • The New Era (Fourth Imperium)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • An all new campaign setting

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
New Universes would be a great idea. I would LOVE to buy a book that set up a very large unexplored region. A couple of ideas for that might be
A Wormhole that leads from the main imperium to the other side of the galaxy.
A book on an initial multinational expansion into a universe that had no 1st Imperium. maybe something thatis a little 2300AD ish.
I want FRONTIERS baby... FRONTIERS!!!

Originally posted by Starlocke:
New Universes would be a great idea. I would LOVE to buy a book that set up a very large unexplored region
I agree. That's why I really look forward to the forthcoming GURPS Traveller sourcebook on the Aldebaran sector (rimward of the Solomani Rim). A real frontier at last!

The Ancient Era: No sir. Same reasons as Simon Jester posted. Havin Grandfather nuke me? No thanks!

The Ziru Sirka (The First Imperium): ZZZZZZZZZZZ.Huh? Tradition...oh that...?Nope

The Interstellar Wars: SJG's turf. Law suits...Gygax vs all he screwed flashbacks..Nope!

The Rule of Man (The Second Imperium): ZZZZZZZ.(see Ziru Sirkaa).

The Long Night: TNE-Long Night redux? Uh uh. Forward!!!

Milieu 0: Been there, done that, have seen the crappy books Rest in peace..(fast forward!)

The Civil War: Nope. No thanks.

The Millenium Era (Third Imperium - ca. 1000): Good idea, post Solomani Rim wars..expanding into new regions...post war conflicts/ business/ etc.. tense imes, strong Imperium. Good stuff to do here. (Check, lets do it!)

The Golden Age (Third Imperium - ca 1105): Millenium Era and the Golden Age SJ [posted (say ca. 950 - 1110), showing how and why the Imperium and its neighbors changed during that period."--agreed.

The Rebellion Era/Hard Times: Too military for the projected goals of T-20, a supplement overview may be redundant. And a an alternate non Virus thing has been done--SJG's domain-no lawsuits please!

The New Era (Fourth Imperium): NOW we're talking. Same elements as 1000 era, and Rebellion/HT combined...re-expansion/ political expediency conflicts/ ideology clashes, muddled agandas, and of course, every possible PC class type pof adventure possible. GO FOR IT!!!!!

An all new campaign setting: If I wanted one, I'd create my own version/ setting, as in CT dayz, before OTU. I'll pass on this.

heretically yours,
the acolyte of the Fortres of evil,

Originally posted by hunter:
I have to say I am honestly surprised the the Golden Age/Spinward Marches (1105) is leading the voting. I would think with all that has been previously published on this era it would be a lot lower down in the pack.

Could those of you that voted for the Golden Age give us a bit of reasoning behind your choice? What would you like to see for that period/region that hasn't already been done?

Hunter
Ok, I'm going to fit right in and not answer your question. ;)
I didn't vote for the Golden Age. It's been done and is currently being done by SJG.

I'd much rather seen the Rim War and Rule of Man eras be explored. Those are new, wide open areas with interesting twists to exploit.

The Rim War is good for military campaigns and merchants dealing the shortages and black market deals.

The Rule of Man is a gold mine for free wheeling adventures. Freshly minted Naval Ensigns put in charge of entire planets!

When I actually get my copy of T20, I'm planning on creating one of these clueless, but well meaning Ensigns for the TML character contest.

Originally posted by eclipse:
The Rule of Man is a gold mine for free wheeling adventures. Freshly minted Naval Ensigns put in charge of entire planets!

When I actually get my copy of T20, I'm planning on creating one of these clueless, but well meaning Ensigns for the TML character contest.
You forgot the NCOs who really run the show.

Incidentally, the "Ensigns in charge of planets" thing would have been a rather short term expedient, unfortunately. After a few years, I suspect that a more organised system would have been in place. :(

Actually, SJGames did a good thing when they picked the Interstellar Wars period. It combines the best of the "Heroic Terrans explore space", "Heroic Terrans fight the Evil Empire", and "slightly sleazy Terrans fiddle the books" genres. Being a bit of a problem child, I prefer the latter, of course.

As for the actual Ramshackle Empire: the other period you might want to play in is at its end, when the Long Night is coming on. Read lots of Poul Anderson and Isaac Asimov for further details...

I agree with Hunter about the Classic Era. It's been done (and SJGames is still doing it). I would rather something a little different.

Alan

Perhaps the life and times of a gentle, caring yet misunderstood Emperor in the year 244 or so? :D

Okay, not sure how well that would go over. I personally wouldn't mind seeing an update (downdate?) on the Marches circa year 1000, and if not mentioned already I do think that a book on the Solomani Rim war would be in order, along with perhaps a source book for those wishing to play said Solomani. And perhaps one on Core sector, if not in 244 then again circa 1000. Also wouldn't mind seeing more information on the Julian Protectorate, either year 1000 or in the CT/MT era, or perhaps even as part of the upcoming revamp of the TNE era. (Did it survive into the 1200's, how well, etc.).

My primary vote is for the Golden age spinward marches, but as always there is a catch I would hope that it would incude the surrounding subsectors to give it a bit more depth ie. the Greater spinward marches area.

I would also hope that QLI would consider fleshing out per say the Solomani Rim, Dark nebula sectors as well. I think the work on the Gateway sector is also great as well as needed. Keep up the hard work guys!

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff:
My primary vote is for the Golden age spinward marches,
SJGames did this a few years ago. Yes, the stats are for GT, but it's still basically the same information. Mind you, I'm not terribly fond of many of the writeups they have done for the worlds.

The Marches should also be available in the reprints.

Frankly, there have been so many versions of the Marches published over the years, I would rather not see another. On the other hand, if T20 really, really popular, it might be worthwhile, just to bring the new players into the same kind of space as us oldies.

But still, it's been done, and I would rather see some other settings developed. Milieu 1000 is a good start, and I will buy MJD's New Era book, even though I am not a particular TNE fan.

The setting I am particularly hanging out for, though, is SJGames' Interstellar War book. The late Terran Confederation/very early Ramshackle Empire period appeals to me for some reason. (Apparently the IW book doesn't strictly cover the "very early Ramshackle Empire period", but of course there is no real difference between it and the late Terran Confederation, as far as most worlds are concerned.)

Alan B

This is the second whinny post I have encountered as a rebuttle!
toast.gif

Proclamation: Read the whole thread! My opinion is just that, an opinion! So get off it! :mad:
file_23.gif

Anyway I think the guys at QLI have started on their own concept of the Gateway sector which is great! And like a previous post mentioned the golden age spinward marches seems to be in the lead.... neener neener neener
! In all seriousness I believe and hope that T20 will take off and probbably surpass CT in sales and profitability. Due to the open gaming concept. So don't get your knickers in a twist, Hunter and the gang will come through with other sectors and source books. :D

Cheers
Spiff

For some reason, clicking on the "Vote" button doesn't work for me....

Ideally I'd like to see a TNE/Fourth Imperium (1200 - 1248) Setting Book, more than anything else.

I would *not* like to see yet more stuff from 1100-1120, it's been done to death already I think. I think there's more than enough out there already for anyone who wants this.

Gateway Domain around 1000 should be interesting though - but really, I'd much rather have something that moves the timeline forward and provides something interesting that people haven't seen before.

"I have to say I am honestly surprised the the Golden Age/Spinward Marches (1105) is leading the voting. I would think with all that has been previously published on this era it would be a lot lower down in the pack.

Could those of you that voted for the Golden Age give us a bit of reasoning behind your choice? What would you like to see for that period/region that hasn't already been done?

Hunter"

Here's my reason for voting for GA:SM.

I played CT many years ago when it came out. My group disbanded and I lost all my traveller stuff.
Now that T20 has come out I've gotten some people interested in it and am referring a new campaign. I still feel an affinity to the Spinward Marches, sort of a 'home' feel.

Let me _phrase my opinion_ this way: I'd like to see something (or several somethings) involving information that isn't available elsewhere. In other words, something that either is completely original or involves something that can't be had from what's currently in print (e.g. reprints would be fine, but perhaps some updated reworking of a reprint, or something for, say, Lishun Sector in (hmm...) 975).

Also, it wasn't listed as an option but I would like more info on Hard Times as the Rebellion winds down, but before all the TNE :CoW:.

EDIT: Wow, this is OLD! Somebody must have voted on the poll to resurrect it - not me! :frankie:

This poll has some sort of internal error in the count.

[m;]POLL CLOSED[/m;]

Feel free to start a new poll

Back