• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Who is this Max Atmosphere guy and what does he want?

jawillroy

SOC-13
Okay, 40 years with this game and I still find stuff that I have no idea about:

TAS form 3, field 11c: "Max Atmosphere."

What is this? I see no reference to it anywhere elsewhere. It would appear to concern the hull, and possibly have to do with streamlining, since field 11a is tonnage and 11b is streamlining.

Is there anything specific about this in LBB2 '77, or High Guard '79?

Failing a canonical solution, have any of you ever done anything with this beyond ignoring it?

"It's a little like 'Owner Aboard'. Either Max Atmosphere is on your ship, or he isn't. What's confusing?"

TAS form 3, field 11c: "Max Atmosphere."

What is this? I see no reference to it anywhere elsewhere. It would appear to concern the hull, and possibly have to do with streamlining, since field 11a is tonnage and 11b is streamlining.
Partial Streamlining can be used to skim gas giants, but can only make planetfall through atmosphere codes: 0-1.
It would make sense to have a field to record the max atmosphere that a craft configuration can safely interact with for people who don't have that information memorized.

Partial Streamlining can be used to skim gas giants, but can only make planetfall through atmosphere codes: 0-1.
It would make sense to have a field to record the max atmosphere that a craft configuration can safely interact with for people who don't have that information memorized.
That would! And I suppost the introduction to that form to LBB2 would have been in the 1980 (ish)revision, and thus possibly informed by High Guard '79. But it's surely puzzling if one doesn't have HG for that context.

Back