• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Working Passage and The Imperium Staple

While I had no plans to repeat the successful cancer fund donation drive I had last July, two people have donated some very nice items to give away in another drive. As we still own many thousands of dollars in medical bills for my wife's cancer treatments and these items have been donated, we are accepting donations through mid-October:

Donated items for giveaway to top donors:

* Working Passage Traveller fanzines #0 through #9
* The Imperium Staple Traveller fanzines #2, #5, #6
* RPGA Limited Edition AD&D Module: R1-To the Aid of Falx
* RPGA Limited Edition AD&D Module: R2-Investigation of Hydell

I'm offering these items to people who donate to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund to help pay off the huge debts we have from my wife's cancer treatments. Everyone who donates anything at all (even a dollar) gets access to a few special downloads (like pdfs of two 1970s D&D fanzines, a special digest-sized edition of Microlite74, and more) as described on that page. The above mentioned special items are being offered as incentives for donations received by mid-October 2009.

Whoever donates the most by mid-October 2009 can choose between receiving the Traveller fanzines OR the two RPGA modules. Who donates the second most will receive the other items. Additional small items (Classic Traveller books and AD&D adventures) will also be sent to the 3rd through fifth highest donors.

Traveller Fanzine Info: The ten issues of Working Passage are #0 through #9, published in 1984 and 1985. The three issues of The Imperium Staple are #2 (April 1986), #5 (July 1986) and #6 (August 1986). Working Passage issues are filled with short articles on Traveller, mainly Classic Traveller from what I see. The are lots of short articles per issue. The Imperium Staple #2 includes major articles on Laser Weapons, Martial Arts and the Standard Configuration Starship (part 2, unfortunately). The Imperium Staple #5 includes major articles on Psionic Additions, Circular Meson and Particle Accelerators in Traveller, and Starship Maneuverability. The Imperium Staple #6 includes major articles on Low Berth Naval Duty, Robot Agility and Robot Programs, Hunter Character Sketch, and the Raidan Subsector. These fanzines were donated by Scott R.

RPGA Module Info: R1 (To the Aid of Falx) was written by Frank Mentzer and is in "pretty good condition with only a few pencil marks -- some hit point notes and a few folded page corners". R2 (Investigation of Hydell) is also by Frank Mentzer and is in "fair condition too with some pencil marks, a pen doodle on the inside of the back cover, some folded page corners, and a slighted faded back cover". Condition descriptions provided by the donor, who wishes to remain completely anonymous.

Thanks to Scott R. and the completely anonymous donor for these fantastic items to give away.

To get help us pay our cancer treatment related bills (and to get access to some special downloads and possibly the above mentioned items), send a donation in any amount -- small or large -- to me via Paypal. My apologies for having to ask for donations and my heartfelt thanks to everyone who donates. If you cannot donate but wish to help, please spread the word about my request and offer. Thank you very much in advance.

More information can be found on my Blog.

Back