• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

400 ton trader

file_23.gif

Says the cigar chewing captian:

Sorry no “high” passage out here mister….

Welcome to life past the frontier. You look’n to get to the Clovis System? Well thar tain’t no fancypated service out here. Iffn ya wanna go then it’s me or ole Crazy Larry over there. Yep the Flaming Anvil is the name of his ship. Well, whatzit gonaa be?

Those “staterooms” are separated by removable panels. One fresher for all three.

hehehehhe try not to scare the pax, they're still wondering what the sign in the stateroom reading
"The Captain reserves the right to vacuum ur room for the safety of all"

So, starflash - if the staterooms are all separated by just privacy panels as opposed to real live atmo holding hull panels, wouldn't the captain have to "vacuum" everyones room? That'll cause some complaints, too.

Kurega, I understand the philosophy, but doesn't that limit the market for the ship? If your customers (prospective or otherwise) are sure to complain, would you buy that ship? Just thinking out loud, here. I love the overall idea.

Originally posted by Kurega Gikur:
Here is modification of G.C.'s plan:

http://www.geocities.com/danlatch_1/400TonV2.html

I have added an airlock with equipment room, a few staterooms and a common area.

I plan on introducing this ship as a “trade” for another ship they currently have. The staterooms are needed for the extra NPCs that they have in their company.

Any other comments are most welcome.
The starboard launch bay is really part of the cargo tonnage that just happens to be the right size for a second launch, so your mod will have 162 tons of cargo instead of 182.

^OK

Spud,

The idea is that it is not the perfect ship. It is now a non Imperial design at TL-10 from the Clovis System (6-8 parcecs from the Imperial border) and will be a prize if they make it all the way.

Good point, Kurega. Too many RPG designs are as-perfect-as-munchkin-can-make-them. In the real world, nothing is ever that good. Design is compromised by deadlines, budget, deadlines, politics (company, national and international), rivalry, and deadlines.

The trick is to work the 'quirks' into the game.

"perfect" is also in the eye of the beholder.

The group I play with took one look at the Marava and asked "where is the common coffee pot?" When I pointed at the most likely spot, the common area behind the Bridge, two perceptive types immediately pointed out that needing to walk through the forward cargo lock OR the main cargo bay in the middle of night shift was asking a bit much.

Originally posted by Kurega Gikur:
In my design sequence the coffee pot is part of the bridge tonnage.
Sure, but "Bridge tonnage" covers a lot of territory, and not all of it is connected directly. I tend to pull assumed sensor volume, life support, an airlock or two, and some corridor space out of the "bridge" volume, supplementing with stateroom excess as needed. Galley space tends to fall in that odd space.

hehhe seems we've all played in the Marava, I usually buy up the acceleration couchs and crew chairs, which have beverage tubes running into them with a small hose to allow for water, juice or coffee, or any other drink u want... heheh we're spoiled.

Originally posted by starflash:
...seems we've all played in the Marava...
Not surprising, really, though we decided on a redesign. Taking the volume of the presented deckplans (~400 tons) as a base, we re-statted the ship to that size, then re-did the plans to suit the new stats. The result was the "Empress Paula" here.

Gypsy's right - the bridge isn't necessarily all in one place.

I sort of assumed it includes an "engine room" work area, too.

I always Assume 10% volume of a system for control, access and repair spaces.

As long as everything in the specs fits into the floorplan, I'm happy. I'm more concerned with getting the original design and the overall volume right than worrying about the odd square here or there.

I basically try to fit in the essentials, like the drives, control couches, airlocks and staterooms, and add the mininmum possible amount of access space. After cargo, whatever's left is fuel tankage.

Back