• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

A set of Free Trader deckplans

This is my take on the Beowulf class. I drew these a couple years ago, and somehow since then the blue grid on the graph paper turned gray. The grid is barely visable on the full image at the link, but for some reason it's easily visable on a Mac. So, what do you think?

Full Image, with discription:
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gallery/index.php?n=1026

1_1_Beowulf__3.jpg

Plan Notes:
Dashed lines denote doors, elevators, hatches, and the like.

Everything forward of the bridge (labeled Avionics and Life support) is only half the usual deck hight (about one square high). All of the various systems in there are accessible through half hight crawl spaces. The hatches to get into them are located under the panels on the front of the bridge.

The upper deck (at the top of the plan) is located over the cargo bay. The partial stairwells at the front of upper deck are the tops of the stairwells on the lower deck, just forward of the cargo bay, and can be used to align the upper deck over the lower deck.

The ten rooms along the side of the upper deck, containing beds and the like, are the staterooms. Each has its own window, and the mess room has a large window looking aft.

This is the LBB2 version. There isn't an air-raft. Also, the lower turret is under the deck in the cargo hold aft, and the upper turret is in the ceiling in the lounge.

Last edited:
A very FUNctional layout. Good for gaming. Love the corridors and spaces. The "flow" is nice.

All quarters in one block.

All drives in one block.

Bridge in one block (including, my presumption, auxiliary features like the sickbay, etc.).

Lowberths in one block. And about the correct tonnage (quick count*).

Cargo about correct tonnage (quick count*).

Dislikes:

Quarters over correct tonnage (quick count*).

Drives over correct tonnage (quick count*).

Airlocks are imo awkwardly placed and interfere with fuel tanks. I'd have put them where the stairs are on the main deck for a number of reasons. Including sealing off the quarters from the bridge. And a cargo airlock wouldn't hurt, even just the size of (actually being imo) the lift, enclosed to make transfers of cargo possible without exposing the whole hold.

It has the classic annoying problem of access to the drives. Not a big fault, it's not easy to work around. Yours does present the option of a hatch in the dining area floor if I'm looking at it right.

* and depending on intangibles and 20% slop allowance, all are probably within correct tonnage.

Overall:

A very nice set of deckplans :)

Last edited:
Back