• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Type T Deckplans, Fixed

For those of us who are MacOS users, the current release of LibreOffice is not compatible with pre-OSX10.14 versions.

Since my computer model/OS is "vintage" enough (closing in on 12 years since purchase!) to be limited to 10.13.6 and is functionally abandonware at this point, LibreOffice will have to wait (for me) until the M3 iMac Minis finally make it to public release.
I installed POP!_OS on a 2015 Macbook Pro, and it works great. Linux seems to restore older Macs pretty well. There are some things that you have to do to get the camera working, etc, but for the most part Linux does well.

I hope you do not mind that I downloaded it? It did not come out great, but again one of my favorite ships next to the Broadsword.

I hope you do not mind that I downloaded it? It did not come out great, but again one of my favorite ships next to the Broadsword.
Not at all! I mean, that was almost the whole point of doing it up this way. :)

In what ways did it "not come out great"? I'll take a shot at trying to clean it up.

The overview plans need legal-size paper to print at full size.

The full-scale (1/2"=1.5m) ones should work ok on 8 1/2x 11" but I might have underestimated the required margins.

ETA: They're *.jpg files because the forum likes that as a file type. This might cause image artifacts or blurring, and I'm not sure how to address that.

Last edited:
The small LBB2 ships generally have more power plant fuel, which means they could maybe pass as HEPlaR if you look at them from the correct angle and squint a bit. If you haven't seen it already, take a look at the Type S as a Prolate Spheroid Tailsitter. The deck plans that accompanied the writeup in the first post actually start at post #59 because the original images got lost when the site software was replaced.
T5.10 Bk2 p31:
For societies which have not discovered the gravity-oriented Maneuver, Gravitic, or Z Drives, alternative in-system drives exist: traditional Rockets, enhanced HEPlaR High Efficiency Plasma Rockets, or Orion Drives.

I got right into designing vessels with HEPlaR drives when the first edition of FF&S came out. Obviously YTU will vary, but I think it's fascinating seeing all the ways people tweak ship design systems to fit their vision of the TU.

Not at all! I mean, that was almost the whole point of doing it up this way. :)

In what ways did it "not come out great"? I'll take a shot at trying to clean it up.

The overview plans need legal-size paper to print at full size.

The full-scale (1/2"=1.5m) ones should work ok on 8 1/2x 11" but I might have underestimated the required margins.

ETA: They're *.jpg files because the forum likes that as a file type. This might cause image artifacts or blurring, and I'm not sure how to address that.
I just copied the pages so that is what I meant.

Back