• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Anyone ever given the "Diplomat" career field the High Guard/Mercenary treatment?

Anyone ever given the "Diplomat" career field the High Guard/Mercenary treatment?

Hi,

I prefer using the CT/MT advanced Char. Gen. with my players to generate characters.
Today, I spoke with one of those who is considering joining my campaign and is interested in being a "People Person" type character.

The "first swing" is always GDW Book 7 Merchant Prince.
You get space skills, you get some combat skills and you get interpersonal communications skills.

But, if she doesn't want that, the next swing would be "Diplomat"
I'm checking my book collection and neither Mongoose not GDW/DGP did an expansion on the career field.

So, has anyone else done this in their own Traveller Universe?

Thanks!

Well I don't care for the infinite cascade skill sets from LBB4+ on, but neither do I like the constraints of the LBB1/S4 sets. So I can offer you up my mutant version of Diplomat, which involves replacing Liaison with the MgT era Persuade and an additional skill table and a smidgen more skills that bridge the gap with MT+ characters.

If interested let me know, it's in a spreadsheet I posted but I can duplicate it in text here.

Back