• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Boarding gun

Also air leaks out of small holes pretty slowly. IIRC it will take something on the order of fifteen minutes to deppresurize a 3m x 3m room through a 1 cm hole. Portholes will be polycarbonate, if not Aluminum oxide (artificial sapphire) and will be hard to penetrate and will not shatter. After all, they have to survive meteoroid impacts and keep out solar radiation.

Guns on a spaceship are not catasrophic threats, but hazzards comparable to guns on boats. I prefer to scare my players with real threats.

Guns on a spaceship are perfectly dangerous; there are all kinds of things you don't particularly want to get shot up. I'm probably more scared of someone shooting holes in the gigantic tanks full of liquid hydrogen than someone shooting holes in the hull, though.

They covered this on Battlestar. Someone shot a gun in the air, Apollo convinced them they nicked an air line by spoofing the O2 sensor.

Back