• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Brainstorming a Snapshot Campaign

Ekofisk

SOC-8
I have a vague, amorphous, ill-defined, rough outline sketch of an idea for a campaign-style game of linked Snapshot-style scenarios. The basic premise is that the player or players are low ranking members of a mercenary unit engaged on the commando ticket from Book 4: a company-sized commando force tasked with taking a bauxite mine and holding it against mechanized counter attacks for 24 hours. The scenarios would be snapshots (pardon the pun) of various parts of the action such as neutralizing observation posts and/or sentries, breaching defenses, securing portions of objectives (barracks, motor pools, explosive magazines, etc).

This would be followed by the defense segment which could consist of emplacing obstacles and ambushes, aggressive patrolling, limited raiding and possibly a formal defense of field fortifications or built-up areas within the mine area.

I'm thinking six to twelve snapshot-style scenarios using a cast of characters with limited replacements. Probably written as a solo game with the ability to be refereed for a group if desired.

Questions: does this idea have any merit? What is glaringly wrong with it? What's right about and worthy of investment? What needs to be included to make this playable (maps, TOE's, pregen characters, etc.). Is Snapshot too exclusive or obscure to be of any value? You get the idea.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds fun. Another idea I have had is defend the Kinunir using that adventure and the crew listed, against Zho's and Vargr trying to board it.

Depends on how much you are keeping it light inf vs either your side or the opposition having arty, heavy direct fire weapons or tanks.

You could probably import Striker stuff for the latter pretty easily but still needs to be carefully defined.

Back