• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

BritTrav

Looking at the UK portion of the above map, it looks like *Oxford* is roughly in the centre of our groups of markers....good beer in Oxford, Lewis.... :eek:

However, there's a lot of us located East of the M1. Sggestions?

Just added myself to the map to bring the mean location somewhat northwards
file_23.gif

Sheffield's a thought, there's a few names from Sheffield.

Huntingdon or Peterborough?

Looking again at zee Map, Birmingham is generally central to most of us in these here parts. And it's got a downport as well, for our Swedish compatriots.

So, any volunteers to host?

The swedes probably prefer the Irish-aeronautic method (Ryan air to Stansted or Glasgow).

But depending on how many swedes I can gather, the modern longship (and ye olde SAAB) is to be applied. Somewhere along the North sea (Newcastle?) is then preferable.

But hey! this is britTrav, you decide.

Originally posted by Gnusam Netor:
The swedes probably prefer the Irish-aeronautic method (Ryan air to Stansted or Glasgow).

But depending on how many swedes I can gather, the modern longship (and ye olde SAAB) is to be applied. Somewhere along the North sea (newcastle?) is then preferable.

But hey! this is britTrav, you decide.
The Göteborg-Newcastle run has two added advantages;
1/It stops at Christiansand(?) in Norway, so we could collect more players.

2/The crossing takes 24 hours, which allows for the playing of more Traveller!

If the Newcastle-Viking-Ferry crew are interested, I'm just a handful of miles down the road from Newcastle.

Could probably put something together,...

Originally posted by Jame:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gruffty:
Any volunteers in the midlands to host?
YOU!!!</font>[/QUOTE]Aaahhh, but I'm not in the Midlands......
file_22.gif

Originally posted by MJD:
If the Newcastle-Viking-Ferry crew are interested, I'm just a handful of miles down the road from Newcastle.

Could probably put something together,...
Now there's a nice offer.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
[QB] Could we play on the ferry?
DFDS do run Mini-Cruises which are basically an immediate return crossing. That would give you 48 hours on the ferry plus some sightseeing at the other end. IIRC these tend to be mid-week, which makes them a bit more awkward. Something that needs to be looked into more I think.

Birmingham is OK with me - what do those around my neck of the woods(Peterborough, Wellignborough, High Wycombe, etc) think?

Back