• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

BritTrav

Just an idea...
Howzabout us all booking B&B rooms in a pub?

Advantages:
- No other halves to worry about
- Someone else clears up
- Plenty of space
- IT'S A PUB! :)
- Easy to find & car parking
- own rooms = not necessarily limited to pub's hours/closing time
- Enough of us book, can bargain for (say) function room thrown-in, and/or better rates

Disadvantages:
- Cost (?? 30-50 quid ??)
- Possible interruptions
- It's a pub = distractions!

Any publicans out there?

Originally posted by Icosahedron:
Hi, newbie here,
Did anything come of this? No messages here for a month?
No. The problem seems to be finding a location.

Welcome aboard by the way. I assume you are in the UK to be asking about the BritTrav meet up. Where are you in the UK?

Originally posted by Nellkyn:

No. The problem seems to be finding a location.

Welcome aboard by the way. I assume you are in the UK to be asking about the BritTrav meet up. Where are you in the UK? [/QB]
Thanks, Sheffield. Everyone seemed to be keen on Brum, is it just a question of finding a half-decent watering hole in the city because nobody is local?

There's a pub called the Spread Eagle, junction of A449 and A5, a stone's throw from M6 J12. No recommendations, I was in it once about 20 years ago, but at least it's easy to find.

Otherwise, I could recommend the Meadowhall complex just off M1 J34 ;) That's even easier to find and has a full range of everything right on the doorstep. Easier to get to from Sweden, too.

I live in Haverhill Suffolk and Brum's OK with me, train straight up from Cambridge.

Hello Vest2006,

You must be about the same distance out of Cambridge as I am in Godmanchester.

Do you have regular game?

HI Nellkyn,

I would say its about the same distance 16 miles ish and at the moment I've got no regular games on need to get that sorted out.

If anyone is still remotely interested in a get-together, I have learned of an interesting hotel 5 mins walk from New St station, B'ham.
The Nitenite hotel (Google it) opened in March 06. Not quite a Japanese coffin hotel, it has very compact rooms much like starship staterooms, with plasma TV screens linked to a rooftop camera instead of windows. Might give a Travelleresque feel to a meeting. Apparently they charge £50 per night, or £40 for a non-refundable advance booking. Any interest, or has this whole idea gone to the breakers yard?

Hi

New to this forum. Been quite a while since I rpg'd but have played traveller years ago. Strangely enough I live in Goddie too, just round the corner from the white hart.

I'm interested, but it doesn't look like Nitenite offers conference facilities. I wonder if there's a nearby pub that will let us use a back room - only problem there is chucking out time. The best Traveller scenarios only start getting going after midnight after the consumption of a few ales.

Ravs

Originally posted by Vest2006:
HI Nellkyn,

I would say its about the same distance 16 miles ish and at the moment I've got no regular games on need to get that sorted out.
Oh b*gger! Just seen this. PM sent.

I'm on London and would be interested in doing something. Played CT an MT back in the 80s, but have kept an eye on what's been going on and have a copy of T20...

Is this meet still on, or of not anyone else in London want to start a game?

Julian

Do you want to play Traveller 1248 using MT rules in central london once a month on a Saturday? - if so contact me.

Back