• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

BritTrav

I live in Brum and Im part of a group that managed to get a conference room in 'the old joint stock' ( a good pub) for free. If it's only a few people they could crash at mine (floor-sofa space only) my table only accommodates 5 though :-(
anyway, if there IS someone spearheading this, let me know, and I'll arrange the venue (or try to at least!)

I came to it late, too, Twilight. and it seemed to be dead then. I'm still in the market, but two don't make a game. I don't think anyone is spearheading it anymore (unless you want the job, in which case good luck). Our cousins across the pond will travel a thousand miles for a convention, with two flight changes between, but here, you'll struggle to drag them 50 miles. Londoners won't travel to Birmingham, Brummies won't go to Manchester, and so on. :rolleyes:

I travel all over for a charity group im in so im used to it. (as long as i can afford it!) where are you based?

Hi Guys, as another Newbie, its been years since my last TNE game, and that was in Saudi Arabia, so any get together would be fine with me.
I travel to the west midlands every day to work so its definately do-able from here.

<BUMP>

Ok the great COTI British Traveller meet of 2006 did not pan out so this year let's try again. First off in addition to the possible midlands meet how would anyone like to come up to Sunny Jedburgh for a Saturday.

I've got a big house that could sleep around 10-12 (if some of us don't mind doubling up). I'll lay on schnacks (a nice hot buffet) and you all bring the liquid refreshment. I'd have to work out when but those interested sign up and we can hack out the details, sometime in June or July?.

Bear in mind that Jedburgh is difficult to reach by public transport. No trains or airport nearby (50 miles) but the main national express bus from newcastle to edinburgh stops here.

Any takers?

Originally posted by Border Reiver:
<BUMP>

Bear in mind that Jedburgh is difficult to reach by public transport. No trains or airport nearby (50 miles) but the main national express bus from newcastle to edinburgh stops here.

Any takers?
I'd consider it, depending exactly when it was.
Jun 2-3 is only one weekend of the 8 or so suggested, Twilight.
Car sharing would be cheaper than the national, if we could find some safe parking in the Midlands.
file_21.gif

Hi all,

Just putting my hand up as another member of the Sheffield crowd. I don't seem to get any time for playing these days :( , but maybe with enough notice I could manage a one-day event.

Anyone coming to Brum for the UKGAMESEXPO? june 2-3. Might be able to put up 2 people. Also have spoken with the landlady at a pub called the old joint stock. they have function rooms going cheap (maybe even free if we get the numbers).How about:
MOOT MEET-Birmingham-June 30th (or something like that) :)

Originally posted by Icosahedron:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John G. Wood:

I don't seem to get any time for playing these days :(
Pity, cos you're on my doorstep. </font>[/QUOTE]Yep - I saw you and Andrew Boulton were here. Maybe someday.

BTW, I'm in Pitsmoor, where are you?

If the brum meet goes ahead I can put up about 4 people on sofas/spare bed. We'll need alot more than that to secure the room though.

Well i will take a look at the meet as im always interested.

Back