• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CC2 T20 Scout-Courier deckplans

Originally posted by Tanuki:
Okay, Trader Jim. Just for you, here's Trader Jim's Mobile Bar & Grill: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/roachcoach.gif

Also, in case you have or can get CCViewer: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/roachcoach.fcw will give it to you at any resolution you like. :)
Tanuki, the artwork is great, and I certainly appreciate your generous nature, but PLEASE, on behalf of the rest of us, PLEASE don't encourage TJ.
file_28.gif

TANUKI - ol Trader jim is stunned!! its simply GREAT!!....i cant belive it....ive reached the TOP....you have not only given me my own Bar and Grill.... i even get my name in print....from now on you get all the beer you can drinkat the Anchor and Planet....and not the cheap stuff either!!...im sitting here crying!!!....you even get all the free CJ you can use!!.....Thank You from the bottom of this old crooks heart!!! NOW COMES THE FUN STUFF--eat your heart out RabidVargr!!! HEY EVERY ONE LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!
NANNER, NANNER,NANNER....OH HUNTER BETCHA DONT HAVE ONE OF THESE!!!!...LOOK WHAT I GOT YOU OLD ONES!!! hahahahahahheheheheh YYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!
;)
:rolleyes: :D
file_21.gif
file_23.gif

Okay, Trader Jim. Just for you, here's Trader Jim's Mobile Bar & Grill: http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/roachcoach.gif
:)
Look RV, a detailed raiding and targeting schematic!!
file_23.gif
file_21.gif
toast.gif

Ya know I kid TJ :D It was ocassionally boring here before you came along, I'm reminded of a toast, "May you live in interesting times!" and more fully appreciate the hidden curse implied ;)

Of course I'm just a little jealous
and not to inflate your ego any further (as if it were possible
) but you should know there are going to be (more than a few now thanks to your newly acquired mobility) encounters for the PC's of my soon to be (fingers crossed) T20 Campaign with a certain personality, his friends call him TJ but all the media reports identify him as Trader Jim, origin unknown,
file_22.gif

you know...everyone....i think, maybe,.....not realy sure....i was just given another HONOR...thats how ill take it....thats a DOUBLE HONOR today...thanx...ill try to live up to my usual high ...or low Traveller standards....you all will hear more from me inthe future...cry, cry,sob, sob, blush, blush, humble, humble :rolleyes:
file_21.gif

Kinda like a Harry mudd,

A guy so bumbling and greedy, he's fun to keep around to see what happens next. Too cute to kill? ;)

RV

I know folks are busy giving us their visions of the Type S but I'd like to get in an advanced order for a similar treatment of the Type T Patrol Cruiser before the queue fills up :D

Originally posted by Vargas:
I know folks are busy giving us their visions of the Type S but I'd like to get in an advanced order for a similar treatment of the Type T Patrol Cruiser before the queue fills up :D
Just so happens I have a deckplan for a Type T from a game last year. It is based on the FASA Adventure Class Ships Vol. II. You can view it at my website:

http://www.winterpass.com/Starships/TypeT.jpg

or if you have CC2 or the viewer download the file at:

http://www.winterpass.com/Starships/TypeT.fcw

hey shadow bear - that looks GOOD - what program did you use??? i am in the market but the programs are so expensive im afraid i would make a
big mistake...any advice???? :confused:

Shadow Bear- I am fortunate to have the original FASA Type T plans; I'd like to see someone CGI the interior :D

(Doesn't want half much does he?)

Originally posted by trader jim:
hey shadow bear - that looks GOOD - what program did you use??? i am in the market but the programs are so expensive im afraid i would make a
big mistake...any advice???? :confused:
This deckplan was made using CC2 from Profantasy. They are going to produce a Sci Fi symbols disk in the near furture. Should make it easier to produce some good designs.

I have also done the Leaping Snowcat, Ad Astra, Cold Contact (modifed Ad Astra),XBoat, Gold of Zurrian and assorted small craft. I am currently working on a detailed triple missile turret based on the info from someone working on missile magazine rules on the CT-Starship list.

New deckplans up: 200dton Mechant flying wing -- based on the CT Safari Ship. Also, I've updated the T20 Scout ship deckplans with a key.

http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/

I've got the both sets of FASA Adventure Class Ship deckplans. I never did like their Type T Patrol Cruiser. Perhaps I can come up with an alternative to Shadow Bear's very nice intepretation of the FASA design. :)

I'm using CC2 Pro and Paintshop Pro 5.0.

New deckplans up: 200dton Mechant flying wing -- based on the CT Safari Ship. Also, I've updated the T20 Scout ship deckplans with a key.

" target="_blank">[url]http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/[/QB]
[/url]

Make that a _Merchant_. [sigh}

Oh TJ, I got rid of all the extra grid lines on the roach coach. :)

I cleaned up the other deckplans as well. I think it makes a nicer presentation -- less distraction from meaningless elements.

Well, I sure made hash of that! One more time:

Make that a _Merchant_. [sigh}

And TJ, I got rid of all the extra grid lines around the roach coach. :)

I cleaned up the other deckplans as well. I think it makes a nicer presentation -- less distraction from meaningless elements.

http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/

No comments onthe Merchant plans?

I'm almost done with the Type T Patrol Cruiser. I'll post the T20 design I came up with for it tomorrow. It changes somewhat from the CT version -- T20 drives take a lot more room.

I just glanced at one a few seconds ago. (first time I've had a chance recently, sorry). Those deckplans are exceptional dude... I'd not be able to tell the difference between these and professional quality ones, unless I recalced everything and found the errors in the pro stuff.. ;) Excellent work!

RV

One quick thing before I head to work. On the merchy, I'd put another hatch in the E/R. Always have a second way out in case of fire. Either a hatch on the other side or a escape scuttle. Or someday there's gonna be a gleefull GM and an irate PC... ;)

RV

No comments onthe Merchant plans?
Yes I was remiss in not posting right after looking at it but the drool had to be cleaned off the keyboard first ;) So, would you take a well loved Empress Class in trade? Or in other words I like it a lot, pretty well thought out and nicely drawn but...

Dang it's hard to find anything to nit pick! I keep looking at it, checking displacements, running scenarios, etc. It all seems so close to perfect and in keeping with my own design philosphy I'm jealous, and thrilled. Keep up the great work!

OK, really stretching, mostly just some personal taste but a couple mods I might think about.

1 Blend the captains stateroom and office into one room for a better size and perhaps add a forward viewport, but... that messes up the very logical and well thought bulkhead and emergency doors (great plot device too) If you keep the current passenger forward common and emergency doors I'd add an emergency exit (hidden?) to the cargo hold (there's no way out right now if the doors come down).

2 On the passenger side move the whole stateroom row forward 1.5m, eliminating the aft viewport and adding a locker in the deadspace created, and giving the fwd stateroom a viewport if you like.

3 Move the iris valves for the aft airlocks (p/s upper deck) back 1.5m.

4 I can understand the bulkhead down the middle seperating the passengers and crew but generally feel the common space should relate to the number of users and so the passengers should have more room than the crew here. I'd slide the passenger stateroom on the starboard beam side to port (3.0m left) or center it and put the galley (both squares) on the crew side backing it, and the stores (both squares) in the current galley/stores space on the crew side.

Anyway, just my .02 creds since you asked

Originally posted by RabidVargr:
One quick thing before I head to work. On the merchy, I'd put another hatch in the E/R. Always have a second way out in case of fire. Either a hatch on the other side or a escape scuttle. Or someday there's gonna be a gleefull GM and an irate PC... ;)
Well, there is the hatch into the air-raft bay, but I think you're right -- I'll add an iris into the passenger side behind the aft lounge. :)

Originally posted by far-trader:
Yes I was remiss in not posting right after looking at it but the drool had to be cleaned off the keyboard first ;) So, would you take a well loved Empress Class in trade? Or in other words I like it a lot, pretty well thought out and nicely drawn but...

Dang it's hard to find anything to nit pick! I keep looking at it, checking displacements, running scenarios, etc. It all seems so close to perfect and in keeping with my own design philosphy I'm jealous, and thrilled. Keep up the great work!

OK, really stretching, mostly just some personal taste but a couple mods I might think about.

1 Blend the captains stateroom and office into one room for a better size and perhaps add a forward viewport, but... that messes up the very logical and well thought bulkhead and emergency doors (great plot device too) If you keep the current passenger forward common and emergency doors I'd add an emergency exit (hidden?) to the cargo hold (there's no way out right now if the doors come down).

2 On the passenger side move the whole stateroom row forward 1.5m, eliminating the aft viewport and adding a locker in the deadspace created, and giving the fwd stateroom a viewport if you like.

3 Move the iris valves for the aft airlocks (p/s upper deck) back 1.5m.

4 I can understand the bulkhead down the middle seperating the passengers and crew but generally feel the common space should relate to the number of users and so the passengers should have more room than the crew here. I'd slide the passenger stateroom on the starboard beam side to port (3.0m left) or center it and put the galley (both squares) on the crew side backing it, and the stores (both squares) in the current galley/stores space on the crew side.
Thanks, Far Trader! I'm sure I can think of something to do with an old Empress. [EG] Let's see what I can come up with.

Good suggestions. Let me explain my reasoning:

Points 1 & 2 both would require moving the forward bulkheads/emergency doors around and I really don't want to do that. I could put an iris valve from the captain's stateroom into his office. What do you think?

As for the passenger emergency exit -- I think I'll put a "public" fresher in the starboard end of the forward passenger viewing lounge, with an emergency hatch in the ceiling. Interlocked and behind a ceiling panel, but it would allow rescue. OTOH it presents a potential problem if some lunatic really wants to cause trouble (hmmm... doesn't everything?). If it opens down into the fresher then air pressure alone will make it just about impossible to open unless pressures are equalized.

I like having a lot of viewport area on this ship but I figure that much glass is just begging for trouble, hence the compartmentalization. I tried putting one passenger stateroom forward but it ends up being too small to really work. Plus I wanted a view from the passenger lounge as well as from a premium stateroom.

I did eliminate the glassed area on the aft-port side -- I tried the captain's stateroom and office back there but was not satisfied with the arrangement. It finally just seemed best to put the low passage berths back there. But the aft bulkheads were there for the same reason as the front ones -- compartmentalization. That still holds true on the starboard side with the picture window in that stateroom. Which brings up point 3. As it is, the two squares form a sort of mini-lounge for the premium stateroom (which is still slightly smaller than the others). That passenger can leave his door open and enjoy the extra room, yet can have privacy if people are moving through that area to and from the cargo deck -- most likely that will be rare. Effectively it is a two room suite with a small anteroom -- 1.4 meters by almost 3 meters (about 5 feet by 10 feet). Entry to the suite is through a lockable iris valve and it's on the other side of a bulkhead from the rest of the passengers. There are people who would really _like_ the security of this arrangement. Put a goon in a cot out there and he's in a guarded suite. And a captain could lock an unruly passenger in there for the duration of the voyage if necessary. How many 200 dton merchant ships come with their own brig? [G]

Point 4 is good and I'll do that. I think I'll eliminate the center iris in the turret access corridor, too. No real reason for it.

Glad you like the ship. Use it well!

I'll post stats after I finish the Type T and post the draft plans for it.

Back