• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Deckplans 1: Scout/Courier (Type S)

Originally posted by far-trader:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Klaus:
Hmmm, I kinda like the original CT scout - not that there's anything wrong with these at all. It's just that the original one had all that empty equipment space...
Most of which had to be a few cm high to a meter, maybe. Even the 3ton cargo hold was always in the wrong end. There was no room for full height at the nose under the bridge. It did fit in the back room to the side opposite the air-raft so that's where I put it in mine, and the "attic", gone, didn't fit so it didn't exist. Of course I'm talking CT Book 2, the original. Story changes with every new rule set
file_28.gif
What you describe fits some later editions better but not the hull depicted.
</font>[/QUOTE]Much of the upper and lower galleries on the Sully are actually in the "Bridge" tonnage or the throw-away Engineering space (from it being a Bk 2 "Standard" hull), having once been sensor space.

The through-deck iris valve just behind the bridge itself is just crawlable if you're on a normal Scout diet. I figure a common modification for those who need to access the lower gallery in flight is another hatch a bit further back; otherwise they just wait to normal space and EVA to the external hatch.

The upper gallery is walkable for just about half it's length, and feels more like an attic space the farther forward you get, until you hit the "skinny people gymnastics required" forward hatch.

I did some spot test layouts on paper a while back for a 25mm scale scout model, and even built a mockup of the drive secion and air/raft bay. I had to stop due to lack of space... the model would have been almost 2.5 feet long.

The Diamond-shaped rear section was quite large ta boot. At least six or seven inches high

It seems like a big ship to me, only cramped up front at the nose. Would the bridge be sort of a Space: 1999 Eagle cockpit? Entry door behind two seats that you sort of have to lower into?

In the old Soli, if you put the Cargo Bay at the back under the "up" Iris Valve in Engineering, instead of under the hatch abaft the Bridge it fits better.
Just a thought.

Originally posted by Bhoins:
In the old Soli, if you put the Cargo Bay at the back under the "up" Iris Valve in Engineering, instead of under the hatch abaft the Bridge it fits better.
Just a thought.
That's the way I always descibed it.

OK Back to Hunter's new Scout/Courier. I still like the design. (Since I don't use credit cards, I bought mine the hard way, I mailed in a Money Order.) I like the design, and the quality of the graphics. I was worried that the 15mm deckplans would have the numbers on it but they don't. They are professional looking and after printing them on card stock they appear professional, colorful and look like they will be a fun game aid. It also, more importantly can be used on a table without taking up the entire table, unlike the SJG "25mm" Deckplans, which even the Scout Ship doesn't fit on my table.

I do have one gripe though. (And it is a minor one.) Traditionally Traveller 15mm deckplans are drawn as 1 box is 1.5m is a half inch. The boxes in these deckplans are 9/16s of an inch. Which means they wouldn't line up with all the other 15mm deckplans I have.

Back