• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CC2 T20 Scout-Courier deckplans

One more thing. Note that the short corridor/anteroom by the aft passenger stateroom does _not_ have a valve leading topside -- it is not an airlock. That space is more like the emergency doors and bulkhead forward. Iris valve in the floor to keep passengers out of the cargo bay, and one in the bulkhead in case of pressure loss due to the stateroom viewport breaking.

The revised merchant is up. All the changes were to the upper deck.

http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/

Changes:

Added iris valve from captain's stateroom to his office.

Moved passenger galley forward and outboard. Placed emergency hatch in galley ceiling.

Moved port passenger stateroom inboard to centerline. Moved passenger stores to forward side of space opened up.

Removed center iris valve in turret access corridor.

Added planter to passenger common area (alternatives could include an aquarium, a holographic display, a simple wall, etc.). Although moving the passenger galley and stores provided more room in passenger commons, I felt that the space still needed to be broken up into a pair of linked lounges to avoid a bowling alley feel. For the same reason, I decided not to move crew galley and stores.

Moved stateroom doorways around to provide more uninterrupted walls in common areas.

Added starboard iris valve to engineering. Moved port engineering iris valve from common area wall to airlock corridor.

Comments?

Originally posted by Tanuki:

Good suggestions. Let me explain my reasoning:

Points 1 & 2 both would require moving the forward bulkheads/emergency doors around and I really don't want to do that. I could put an iris valve from the captain's stateroom into his office. What do you think?

Quite understood the reasoning and agree. The iris add might be a good idea, allows an emergency access too.

As for the passenger emergency exit...
<snip>
...impossible to open unless pressures are equalized.

That should work fine.

I like having a lot of viewport area on this ship but I figure that much glass is just begging for trouble, hence the compartmentalization.

That was my take on it too

I did eliminate the glassed area on the aft-port side -- I tried the captain's stateroom and office back there but was not satisfied with the arrangement. It finally just seemed best to put the low passage berths back there.

I like the low berth placement and keeping the Captain close to the bridge, no arguments there.

As it is, the two squares form a sort of mini-lounge for the premium stateroom...
<snip>

Oh, I didn't see it as a mini lounge, nice :cool: I did twig right quick to the brig idea though and love it. Also great for the very nervous (paranoid) passenger who insists on tight personal security.

Point 4 is good and I'll do that. I think I'll eliminate the center iris in the turret access corridor, too. No real reason for it.

Glad you like the ship. Use it well!

It was fun to critique such a well built ship, keep up the most excellent work! Did you get your name in on Hunter's call for deckplans? If not I hope he's seen what you're doing and considers it and you for the assignment (if I type the great one's name he will see
file_22.gif
).

I just took a look at the changes, looks great. Nice touch the 'feature' element to break the tunnel effect. I only wonder if a pair of sliding doors for wider access to the air-raft from the sealed corridor would be handy now that the iris/bulkhead is gone. Like in case somebody parks the other way about and to unload big items through the wide door of the raft? I do keep wondering too about the air-raft access from engineering. I can't think of a compelling reason now that you added the second iris access. You probably have an idea I'm missing ;)

Oops, a quick PS. I also like engineering lockers in my designs (about 0.5dT per 100dT of hull). I think they'd fit in the spaces (p/s) just forward of the iris access to enigineering. What do you think?

Originally posted by far-trader:
It was fun to critique such a well built ship, keep up the most excellent work! Did you get your name in on Hunter's call for deckplans? If not I hope he's seen what you're doing and considers it and you for the assignment (if I type the great one's name he will see
file_22.gif
).

I just took a look at the changes, looks great. Nice touch the 'feature' element to break the tunnel effect. I only wonder if a pair of sliding doors for wider access to the air-raft from the sealed corridor would be handy now that the iris/bulkhead is gone. Like in case somebody parks the other way about and to unload big items through the wide door of the raft? I do keep wondering too about the air-raft access from engineering. I can't think of a compelling reason now that you added the second iris access. You probably have an idea I'm missing ;)

Oops, a quick PS. I also like engineering lockers in my designs (about 0.5dT per 100dT of hull). I think they'd fit in the spaces (p/s) just forward of the iris access to enigineering. What do you think?
Tinkered with the merchant upper deck and posted the result.

I did email something off to Hunter, but it went a tad late as I was still learning how to use CC2 (still am for that matter ;) ). I sent the more recent stuff off the other day and told him to ignore the previous effort. I'd love to do some stuff for T20 but we'll see. I started out as a playtest member, but got ill and had to drop out for awhile. By the time I tried to get back in I was locked out -- I sent an email apology but I haven't heard a thing from Hunter since.

I do hope he's seen what I've been doing.

Good point on the doors to the air-raft bay. I did that on both sides, figuring that there will be times they want to unload something big into engineering. They could even sling something really big under a grav vehicle or from a crane and deliver it into the bay. Without the air-raft in there you could set a pretty good sized subsystem or load of parts right in front of engineering and slide it in through the doors.

I like the idea of an engineering locker. Put one in.

Thanks for your excellent comments. I think the design is much better now.

Originally posted by Vargas:
I know folks are busy giving us their visions of the Type S but I'd like to get in an advanced order for a similar treatment of the Type T Patrol Cruiser before the queue fills up :D
Well it took me a few days, but here's a Type T Patrol Cruiser. It's a T20 design and ends up having less cargo space than the CT version which used book 2 drives. Jump 3, 4 Gs, and enough extra EPs for the lasers and computer while maintaining full agility. The launch does 6Gs.

Comments/suggestions please.

Originally posted by Tanuki:
Well it took me a few days, but here's a Type T Patrol Cruiser. It's a T20 design and ends up having less cargo space than the CT version which used book 2 drives. Jump 3, 4 Gs, and enough extra EPs for the lasers and computer while maintaining full agility. The launch does 6Gs.

Comments/suggestions please.
[/QB]
Uh... "here" is at http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/

TANUKI - new web site layout looks great - you can see everything - everythin layed out plain and simple - i like that!!! NO flashy CRAP - just good solid usable info!!!

KEEP GOIN - FASTER - FASTER!!!!!
:D ;)

Originally posted by trader jim:
TANUKI - new web site layout looks great - you can see everything - everythin layed out plain and simple - i like that!!! NO flashy CRAP - just good solid usable info!!!

KEEP GOIN - FASTER - FASTER!!!!!
:D ;)
Yes keep up the good work. Your work is inspirational. As I stated in another thread, maybe even another website, I like how you use both the 1.5m squares and 1-yd hexes. :cool:

Originally posted by Daniel W:
Hey thanks for the Deck plans, has any body worked out a set for the Far Trader yet???
Is there a good illo (or any at all) of a T20 Far Trader or are we wide open on this?

Nice deckplans. Particular favourites being the Scout and the Winnebago! I'll certainly be using them in future.

One very minor Terran nitpick on the Scout is that the main entry airlock is on the starboard side instead of the port. Any particular reason for this?

Originally posted by Takei:
Nice deckplans. Particular favourites being the Scout and the Winnebago! I'll certainly be using them in future.

One very minor Terran nitpick on the Scout is that the main entry airlock is on the starboard side instead of the port. Any particular reason for this?
Thanks.

The entry lock is there because that's where it was in the rough sketch posted for T20. It's easy enough to flip the deckplan around, though.

Tanuki,

You have some great plans here.
I do have one question/comment about most of te plans: where are the showers? The only area that seems to be a shower is on the Longsword plans on the owner's deck.

Is there some sort of sonic shower implied, or are people just kinda smelly on these ships?

Ron

I've always wondered why every stateroom has its own fresher...

On a commercial merchant ship I would expect the high passage rooms to have their own. But on full and para-military ships, communal freshers would seem much more likely. I mean even four bedroom houses have at the most 2.5 baths.

Originally posted by Ron Vutpakdi:
I do have one question/comment about most of the plans: where are the showers? The only area that seems to be a shower is on the Longsword plans on the owner's deck.

Is there some sort of sonic shower implied, or are people just kinda smelly on these ships?
Actually I'm using the traditional Traveller all-in-one sanitary facility: the fresher. Basically it's a small shower stall with a fold out toilet and sink. You'll see this symbol for a fresher stall on most of my deckplans:
fresher.bmp

There's a picture of a stateroom on a japanese site that shows fresher (though the door seems kind of low -- I'd make it higher). Note the fold down toilet bowl/seat in the stall on the left:

freshervw.jpg

The illo is from http://isweb7.infoseek.co.jp/play/kemkem/hukkou/s3/SCOUT.htm which is a page is for a MegaTraveller scoutship.

The main page is at
http://isweb7.infoseek.co.jp/play/kemkem/hukkou/hukkou.html

I recommend exploring the site even if you don't know Japanese. Follow the links to the illos and deckplans. It's well worth your time.

Originally posted by bozzutoman:
I've always wondered why every stateroom has its own fresher...

On a commercial merchant ship I would expect the high passage rooms to have their own. But on full and para-military ships, communal freshers would seem much more likely. I mean even four bedroom houses have at the most 2.5 baths.
My own shipboard experiences taught me that privacy and individual space is VERY important in an isolated situation like a ship at sea or starship in jump. Call it a designer's preference.

OTOH I did go with communal freshers for the troops and crew on the Longsword/Broadsword deckplans. There's no hard and fast rule on fresher placement -- it's just a good idea to have some. :D

Back