• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Double Adventures You've Played In/Run?

CT Double Adventures You've Played In/Run?

• 1 - Annic Nova

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • 1 - Shadows

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • 2 - Across the Bright Face

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • 2 - Mission on Mithril

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • 3 - The Argon Gambit

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 3 - Death Station

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • 4- Marooned

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 4 - Marooned Alone

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • 5 - The Chamax Plague

Votes: 41 44.6%
  • 5 - Horde

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • 6 - Divine Intervention

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • 6 - Night of Conquest

Votes: 25 27.2%

• Total voters

Vargas

SOC-14 1K
A follow-on poll to the one I posted about CT adventures (with a tip of the hat to robject who waited patiently ;))

Of all the games and adventures I have run over many decades the one adventure I have run the most times is Death Station. I usually modify it in novel ways to spark the interest of the players - often stealing their paranoid ideas of what the threat on the labs ship is.

There is a completely free version available updated to MgT in a S&P online magazine - issue 87.

Last edited:
There were quite a few adventures published, and I've only had time to run a few. In addition to the couple of adventures I ticked off in this and the previous polls, I ran The Traveller Adventure, which takes forever, and plenty of adventures I wrote myself. I even got all set to run Secrets of the Ancients, but the prequel situation I set up spiralled out of control, and took over a year to play, so we never even got to the published part of the adventure!

Bottom line for me is, there just isn't enough time to do all the gaming I want to do! In addition to Traveller I still like other games too, and then there's those pesky players who try to influence what our group will play, dammit! Who do they think they are, anyway?! ;)

Annic Nova, Shadows, ATBF, MOM, Marooned, Marooned Alone, Chamax Plague, horde.

I like Shadows, didn't care for AN, and found ATBF, MOM, Marooned, and Marooned Alone too similar to each other. Never had a party who enjoyed Horde nor Chamax.

As Wil notes, Bright Face, Mithril, and Marooned are all written for the escaping across the alien world theme. I detect the same in Shadows, altho' the "world effects" are rightly put in the background rather than the forefront, and "escape" is less immediate - as it should be. If I were to run Bright Face, it might be set up more like a "payback" scenario, instead of a "run for your life" scenario. And for Mithril, I'd be tempted to turn it into an Indiana Jones setup.

I played Shadows, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

I read about your experience with it, and it sounded truly horrible.

I ran it waaay back when I was a new referee, and it was benign and curious.

If I ran it again, it would be significantly different than my first run, but it would still not be truly horrible.

I played Shadows, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

I read about your experience with it, and it sounded truly horrible.

I ran it waaay back when I was a new referee, and it was benign and curious.

My experience with Shadows was more like the latter, the corrosive atmosphere was a factor but not overly so. I also wonder if it will get more votes based on the fact it was included in The Traveller Book and Starter Traveller?

Annic Nova baffled my players as I ran it straight and had no answers as to where the ship came from (it was early on in my Traveller days).

I liked Marooned Alone as a reasonably viable solitaire adventure. Looking it over, and I have all of the double adventures, you could also run Annic Nova as a solitaire adventure, and also Mission on Mithril, assuming NPC hirelings for additional ATV crew.

I recommended Annic Nova a few months ago here for a solo player and a GM. You need multiple PCs, one for the player ship and 1-2 to explore. For either the CT or the free Mongoose version you need at least Medic-1 and Comp-1. 2s in each are much much better.

Twlights Peak was always my favorite of the old adventures, but Annic Nova and Shadows were better to play in one or two sessions, with Annic Nova being the best.

A follow-on poll to the one I posted about CT adventures (with a tip of the hat to robject who waited patiently ;))

Hi,

Can't actually vote as not actually played or run any of these...

I suspect they need a lot of work for the referee as they are half the size, but not scope of a normal adventure,

Regards

David

Hi,

Can't actually vote as not actually played or run any of these...

I suspect they need a lot of work for the referee as they are half the size, but not scope of a normal adventure,

Regards

David

Actually, and it's just my opinion, I don't know if they need that much work because of their nature; they're mostly "dungeon" or planet crawls.

Back