• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Errata Compendium

DonM

Marquis
It's been forever since I updated this. The most recent update to the CT Errata Compendium is 3/23/2015 (1.2).

What's really hanging up the errata is a good validation for starships. Andrea is no longer maintaining HGS, and I've got nothing else.

Attachments

• ConsolidatedCTErrata.pdf
    834.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Open issues:

1001 CHARACTERS Do the Scout characters need to be given the extra skills to match the 1981 edition? Any changes needed because of the skill table changes (Army, Marine, Merchant, Scout and Other have minor skill table changes in the 1981 edition)?

ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS Need to review for updating from 1977 to 1981 edition of Animal Encounter rules?

LIGHTNING CLASS CRUISERS Are the designs in this supplement correct for High Guard ‘80?

TRADERS AND GUNBOATS Are the Book 2 designs in this supplement revised for the 1981 edition? Are the HG designs in this supplement revised for High Guard ’80?

FIGHTING SHIPS Are the Book 2 designs in this supplement revised for the 1981 edition? Are the HG designs in this supplement revised for High Guard ’80?

THE SOLOMANI RIM Under review to match master UPPs.

THE KINUNIR The Kinunir design in High Guard lacks the drop capsules – do we need a High Guard ’80 fix? Verify Regina Subsector (p. 12) UPPs against the masters.

LEVIATHAN Verify the Leviathan (p. 22), Gazelle (p. 40), Kinunir (p. 41) and Shivva (p. 42) designs for High Guard ‘80?

TRILLION CREDIT SQUADRON Verify the Regal (p. 20) and Gnat (p. 22) designs for High Guard ‘80?

EXPEDITION TO ZHODANE Verify the Rock (p. 25) and other (p. 38-39) designs for High Guard ‘80?

BROADSWORD Verify modular cutter, Broadsword and fighter designs for High Guard ’80 and/or Book 2. Verify opposing ships (p. 37) under High Guard '80.

SAFARI SHIP Verify Safari Ship (p. 17) against Book 2.

SIGNAL GK Verify Ad Astra against Book 2. Verify the Solomani Border (p. 33) UPPs against the masters.

ARGON GAMBIT/DEATH STATION Verify Lab Ship (p. 10, 25) against Book 2.

THE CHAMAX PLAGUE/HORDE Verify Shaarin Challenger (p. 21) against Book 2.

THE TRAVELLER ADVENTURE Are the Book 2 designs in this supplement revised for the 1981 edition?

ASLAN Verify various Book 2 designs (p. 32-33)

VARGR Verify various Book 2 designs (p. 12-13)

ZHODANI Verify various Book 2 designs (p. 40-41)

DROYNE Verify various Book 2 designs (p. 42-43)

SOLOMANI Under review to match master UPPs. Verify ship designs (p. 42-43) against Book 2.

HIVERS Verify ship designs (p. 38-39) against Book 2. Gruffty has verified the Hiver Explorer.

DARRIANS Verify UPPs (p 22-24, 32) with masters.

SPINWARD MARCHES CAMPAIGN Verify ship designs (p. 31, 44) against Book 2. Verify ship designs (p. 35) against High Guard ’80. Verify character generation (p. 42-49) against Supplement 4.

ALIEN REALMS Verify explicit locations for adventures.

Last edited:
Dom,

Just throught I'd mention that there are differences between the UPP data in the Introductioany Adventure in the Delux Traveller eddition and the UPP in supplement 3 (and thus the SMC).

There are only a few, around three IIRC, and I sent the differences to Hans for some project he was doing. I'll see if I can't find the email.

Regards,

Ewan

That would be great. It would save me a LOT of time. The UPPs are certainly going to be the most annoying part of what's left. Especially since they will impact MT (Imperial Encyclopedia) and TNE (Regina is in the core book, and of course, RSB).

Can you e-mail that to me at don.mckinney@gmail.com (with a subject of "CT errata" or similar?)...

And to everyone else, remember, this is a first draft. Still. If there's anything in here which looks like a major change to anyone, odds are I've messed something up.

You might want to add the rules for Tranq to Mercenary. There are multiple contradictory rules from apocrypha, but I suggest that Snapshot's rule is most canonical:

Gas will only affect an individual who is not protected by a vacc suit, combat
armor, battle dress, or breathing masks. It imposes 1D hits on the turn it hits and
on the two succeeding turns.

Tranq is a drug injected by a special cartridge and may or may not be in
sufficient dosage to affect an individual. The target, when hit, must throw his
endurance or less to avoid being affected. If the throw fails, the target is immediately
rendered unconscious.

You might want to add the rules for Tranq to Mercenary. There are multiple contradictory rules from apocrypha, but I suggest that Snapshot's rule is most canonical:

Hmm... my understanding is that the canonical treatment on Tranq is JTAS #23, pages 46-48, by Mike Metlay. It's on my MT list because that article was horribly abused by the MT editing treatment, and I have an e-mail from Metlay in 1992 where he embellished on this.

Could you review the JTAS and Snapshot material and drop me a note at don.mckinney@gmail.com? Thanks!

RE: Striker Book 3 Page 43.

Reviewing the costs for radar and ladar and comparing between Striker and MT, it appears that the costs for radar in Striker are too high by a factor of 10.

In MT, ladar costs 10 times a radar set that weighs the same. In Striker, the two cost the same.

Recommend:

Page 74: Under Target Acquisition Radar change "Price: Cr10,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr15,000 times weight." to read "Price: Cr1,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr1,500 times weight."

This change will give the same results as the tables in the MT RM.

Querey:
Admin crew salaries under Bk2? (TTB 59 requires them on large ships, but doesn't say what they get paid. )
Similarly, Marine Salaries?

Think we have all of that which is official and confirmed in the version already up on the web.

Query:
Admin crew salaries under Bk2? (TTB 59 requires them on large ships, but doesn't say what they get paid. )
Similarly, Marine Salaries?

Good questions. I know we used to treat a "guard" position like a "gunner" position, but that was house rules, no official guidance. Anyone know of anything similar published in any edition?

MT and TNE both provide salaries, but those are incompatible with CT/T20/MGT salaries...
Tho troops are gunner rate but no skill bonus. Admin are in maintenance, also at gunner rate of Cr500/mo, with 10% per surplus skill level past 1.

RE: Striker Book 3 Page 43.

Reviewing the costs for radar and ladar and comparing between Striker and MT, it appears that the costs for radar in Striker are too high by a factor of 10.

In MT, ladar costs 10 times a radar set that weighs the same. In Striker, the two cost the same.

Recommend:

Page 74: Under Target Acquisition Radar change "Price: Cr10,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr15,000 times weight." to read "Price: Cr1,000 times weight. All weather radar costs Cr1,500 times weight."

This change will give the same results as the tables in the MT RM.

I must have missed this earlier... I'll look into it.

MT and TNE both provide salaries, but those are incompatible with CT/T20/MGT salaries...
Tho troops are gunner rate but no skill bonus. Admin are in maintenance, also at gunner rate of Cr500/mo, with 10% per surplus skill level past 1.

Do you have where you found that at? I'll try and do some comparisons.

OK, I did the Hiver Explorer: it is borkne. Question: should I be using 1st or 2nd edition LBB2, or TTB?

Using CT Book 2 2ed:

1. The drives given in AM7 won't fit into the allocated 15 dTon drive section of the 200 ton hull. The drives total 40 tons (J-D=25 + M-D=5 + PP=10 = 40).
2. The ship build time in LBB2 2ed for a 200 dTon hull is 12 months; CT AM7 states 11 months.
3. By my calculations, the ship comes out at MCr 123.1; CT AM7 says MCr 113.1.
4. There are 10 staterooms; 5 for crew + 5 for passengers. CT AM7 says that double occupancy allows 15 total onboard - incorrect? Should be 20? Not sure.

I also still need to apply all the changes for Hiver ships listed on p. 38.

More to come.

Last edited:
Back