• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

d20 & hit points

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
Yup and they are just a few seconds away from being toast! Every PC needs comrades like that!

"hey, keep em distracted by dying slowly while the rest of us make for the ship!"

Hunter

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, cool...
smile.gif

BTW the d12+2 ACR damage seems quite low - for my D&D games I tend to have heavy assault rifles doing around 3d6 damage per bullet hit (although in that universe heavy crossbows did I think 4d4 damage also), and in my Tech Level 18 sf universe the heaviest energy-blaster handguns do 20d6 damage in both D&D and TNE rules...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simontmn:
Yeah, cool...
smile.gif

BTW the d12+2 ACR damage seems quite low - for my D&D games I tend to have heavy assault rifles doing around 3d6 damage per bullet hit (although in that universe heavy crossbows did I think 4d4 damage also), and in my Tech Level 18 sf universe the heaviest energy-blaster handguns do 20d6 damage in both D&D and TNE rules...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when the average character regardless of level can take about 10 points of damage before biting the dust...

Hunter

Not when the average character regardless of level can take about 10 points of damage before biting the dust...

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not using Vitality Points/Wound Points? Just WPs?

You're not using Vitality Points/Wound Points? Just WPs?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T20 uses Stamina and Lifeblood. Similar but different from how VP/WP are done. Damage to Lifeblood does not require a critical hit.

Hunter

T20 uses Stamina and Lifeblood. Similar but different from how VP/WP are done. Damage to Lifeblood does not require a critical hit.

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK - I look forward to (eventually) getting the book so I can find out how it works! I'm already thinking of all the crossover games I can run - Traveller-Cthulu for one...

OK - I look forward to (eventually) getting the book so I can find out how it works! I'm already thinking of all the crossover games I can run - Traveller-Cthulu for one...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok ok enough cracks about the delays I get it
wink.gif
(I'll also have some news on that VERY shortly)

On Traveller-Cthulhu....

Honestly, it's on our 'dream' list! We love CoC (both versions). The d20 version is great but the sample adventures suck.

Bruce (one of the guys working on T20 with me), calls it 'Dark Traveller'

Oh the terrible things we could do...not Virus...oh no...something infinately worse...

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 04 April 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mshensley:
That would be cool! I've always thought that something might be living inside jumpspace...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, I see I'm not the only malevolent GM who's thrown a little CoC into their Traveller campaign.

------------------
\_/
DED

...I'm already thinking of all the crossover games I can run - Traveller-Cthulu for one...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm,
I'm thinking Dyson sphere for THAT situation, by the way, what tech level IS the mythos?

Ok ok enough cracks about the delays I get it
wink.gif
(I'll also have some news on that VERY shortly)

On Traveller-Cthulhu....

Honestly, it's on our 'dream' list! We love CoC (both versions). The d20 version is great but the sample adventures suck.

Bruce (one of the guys working on T20 with me), calls it 'Dark Traveller'

Oh the terrible things we could do...not Virus...oh no...something infinately worse...

Hunter

[This message has been edited by hunter (edited 04 April 2002).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two books, one obvious, one not: Pete F Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy (leaving aside its slightly cartoonish middle phase...) and James Herbert's The Dark. We played the latter, transposed onto a Starliner, in Space Opera and I subsequently ran it in MT. No need for the usual Cthulhu props (which would have given the game away), psionics actually helped justify the plot better than herbert's original setting (contemporary London), and the closed locale (a ship in jump). Scared the c**p our of my players hehe!

They key to good horror SF is to misdirect the players as to where the unpleasantness is coming from...

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 22 April 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nurd_boy:
what tech level IS the mythos?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody knows. Any scout with enough information to make an informed classification is inevitably either dead or incurably insane.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

All this talk about the dangers of combat have got my GM heart all aflutter
tongue.gif

This game sounds better and better every moment.

I have to say...hopefully without offending...that the doggy and truck driver cover art is lacking.

I'll bet I just really offended someone. Sorry, in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jorendell:
All this talk about the dangers of combat have got my GM heart all aflutter
tongue.gif

This game sounds better and better every moment.

I have to say...hopefully without offending...that the doggy and truck driver cover art is lacking.

I'll bet I just really offended someone. Sorry, in advance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you did, now we won't sell you a copy and we put you on our black list!
tongue.gif

Hunter

tongue.gif

Hunter

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw, don't do that, just show him the "original" cover
smile.gif

Now I may have really offended someone, sorry, but if you check the thread I wasn't totally against it and found some merit in it. I'll still miss not having Merchant Captain Alexander Jamison on the cover.

tongue.gif

Hunter

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well bunk! If it's as good as you guys say it is then I'll just have to change my name...move to Oregon...and pick up a copy in solitude.

Great...now I've probably offended people from Oregon.

I'm a cover art snob. Sorry guys. My idol is Frank Frazetta if that gives you a clue as to why.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jorendell:
Well bunk! If it's as good as you guys say it is then I'll just have to change my name...move to Oregon...and pick up a copy in solitude.

Great...now I've probably offended people from Oregon.

I'm a cover art snob. Sorry guys. My idol is Frank Frazetta if that gives you a clue as to why.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since Avalanche press has managed to snag all of those good artists, Quiklink is stuck with what ever's left....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tjoneslo:
Well, since Avalanche press has managed to snag all of those good artists, Quiklink is stuck with what ever's left....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's a shame since I'd love to see some of the busty, half-naked, warrior bimbo chicks gracing the covers of Avalanche D20 supplements all kitted out in battledress bikinis.
wink.gif

Definitely the oocachaka baby. It could be reasoned that it's a Solomani geneered super soldier who takes the enemy by surprise with his innocent appearance. Unfortunately, his arms aren't long enough to reach the control panels...
wink.gif

Back