• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Deckplans: Imperial Palace (aka Pie in the Sky)

Isn't that the ultimate rendition of "I'm from the Imperium, and I'm here to help."!
file_21.gif
file_21.gif

"Mommie! I had a nightmare! The friendly Imperial Palace was all changed. It was dark and scary with lots of red glowing eyes and teeth and..."

file_21.gif

That is one disturbing Imperial Palace there Crow, I bet that's how the SolSec illustrates it ;) I do agree it does seem to be the Traveller standard to be, shall we say mundane? It is how the Imperium feels to me too, at least the Vilani Imperium.

Of course Andrew's newer version is equally disturbing ;) I was looking for a graphic of the Fun Ship from Heavy Metal (the movie) when he posted his first pic but couldn't find any. So there, I got ya beat for lazy Andrew, I was just gonna point to somebody elses art

GREETINGS FELLOW TRAVELLERS,
ALONG TIME AGO,{1987}TRAVELLERS' DIGEST ISSUE #9

THERE IS A GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT "THE IMPERIAL PALACE" WRITTEN BY BILL CONNORS AND ROB CASWELL.
ART BY ROB CASWELL.

TO THE POINT, THE ART OF THE IMPERIAL PALACE AND MOOT SPIRE W/ SURROUNDING GROUNDS.

THE IMPERIAL PALACE CUTAWAY IS THE BEST VIEW OF WHAT U SEEK IN GETTING YOUR IMAGIATION STARTED.

Originally posted by ranger2261:
GREETINGS FELLOW TRAVELLERS,
ALONG TIME AGO,{1987}TRAVELLERS' DIGEST ISSUE #9

THERE IS A GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT "THE IMPERIAL PALACE" WRITTEN BY BILL CONNORS AND ROB CASWELL.
ART BY ROB CASWELL.
I've spent many an hour staring at that drawing.

Below the sphere is the imperial marine barracks and a heavy duty ring of repulsers to hold up the palace.
The palace has its own anti-grav system but its not powerful enough by itself to stay aloft.

Back