• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Elements Class Cruiser Question

Swiftbrook

SOC-12
Admin Award
I was looking over the draft material on the Mongoose Elements Class Cruiser Kickstarter page (which I like a lot) and came across an anomaly.

A standard configured Amara class heavy cruiser is 75,000 tons with six missile pods. However it's fuel capacity is only 27,900 tons (plus a little in the pods). This isn't enough to support J-4 which needs at least 40% or 30,000 tons. This math is similar in the Ghalalk class configuration.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the Mongoose Traveller ship design rules. Is there something I'm missing? Did this get updated/fixed? Is it just a mistake?

Thanks.

IT uses a jump drive with Decreased Fuel tech upgrade, so it only uses 90% of the normal jump fuel:

75000 * 40% * 90% = 27 000 Dt.

Plus power plant fuel 450 Dt * 2 = 900 Dt.

It is correct.

I was looking over the draft material on the Mongoose Elements Class Cruiser Kickstarter page (which I like a lot) and came across an anomaly.

A standard configured Amara class heavy cruiser is 75,000 tons with six missile pods. However it's fuel capacity is only 27,900 tons (plus a little in the pods). This isn't enough to support J-4 which needs at least 40% or 30,000 tons. This math is similar in the Ghalalk class configuration.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the Mongoose Traveller ship design rules. Is there something I'm missing? Did this get updated/fixed? Is it just a mistake?

Thanks.

There are Fuel Pods as an alternative, to the Missile Pods, makes choosing which pods to select interesting, I like Torpedo Pods. As already stated the Amara uses a TL15 reduced Fuel x2 Jump 4 Drive, which costs 1.25 times the normal J4 Drive.

Regards

David

Back