• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Font used for the epub

ShawnDriscoll

SOC-14 1K
In the past, I've viewed the epub novel in Adobe Digital Edition. The font looked like Times Roman.

This time, I thought I'd read the epub on my reMarkable 2. The font is some kind of bold looking Starship Troopers style. I changed the font to the default that the tablet uses.

Anyway, I'm curious if others see that bold font when they open it. And what font is it, if they know?

EPubs use system fonts unless the document overrides using CSS and bundles in.

If it differs across machines/programs, it's probably a default choice. So it's whichever font your epub reader program defaults to most of the time.

It could be a T5 font that's been bundled with the epub. It's kind of cool, but harder to read for book text. I'm positive the reMarkable 2 does not come with Traveller anything.

If you want to play around with fonts, Classic Traveller used a version of Univers created by Adrian Frutiger in Zurich. That's why you'll see a font called Frutiger and another called Zurich. I have a font called Zurich BT Roman that's almost identical to the text in The Traveller Book at 8.5 point. You can just Google it if you want to try it. I think it's Freeware.

Easy way to check the fonts...
EPub is essentially a zipped HTML document tree. make a copy, change the extension to .zip, and use an unzip utility to find the original tree. If there are any fonts included, you'll find them inside in one of the subfolders. Probably in otf or woff, maybe in ttf or svg

Back