• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Got an idea...

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
So, we've gotten some cats in the house. A Calico mother cat and 4 identical black kittens. 3 boys and a girl. They sound like horses galloping when they run. And they fight all of the time. Except when they sleep. And they get into everything.

I'd like to turn them into characters, a group. Aslan, naturally.

But what could they be?

Mercenaries? An obvious choice. An Infiltration Team? 'Cat' Burglars? Shadowrun crossovers would work.

I'm going to try to roll them in RPGSuite.

How would you set them up and use them in your game?

One cat-related thing I'd considered (and may end up using, so this is a marker of sorts) is a cat with an external intelligence augmentation -- it's linked by Sci-Fi WiFi to a big computer for when it needs to be smart, or to talk to people.

It does not like this!

Given the choice -- and it can control this -- it would much prefer to be disconnected and thus an ordinary cat.

w7HuaDH.png

One cat-related thing I'd considered (and may end up using, so this is a marker of sorts) is a cat with an external intelligence augmentation -- it's linked by Sci-Fi WiFi to a big computer for when it needs to be smart, or to talk to people.

It does not like this!

Given the choice -- and it can control this -- it would much prefer to be disconnected and thus an ordinary cat.
That is too good not to steal...

1. Feline Scouts studying the low tech 'Humans they call themselves...'.
2. Alien Symbiotic Felines bonding with 'Humans are the purrrfect bond mates...'.
3. Feline Scientists searching for a way to sever the bond with Humans without destroying Feline civilization.
4. Feline Criminals on the run from Droyne Bounty Hunters who are trying to frame Humans for the theft.
5. Feline Traders using industrial espionage to get the upper hand in trade negotiations with the gullible Humans.
6. Military Intelligence Felines looking to discover if the 'Furless Primates' are ripe for a Military Subjugation.
7. First Contact Felines letting the Humans know of a Stellar Conglomerate at war with an unstoppable enemy, and the Humans Warrior Mentality that is needed to turn the tide in the Conglomerates favor.

So, we've gotten some cats in the house. A Calico mother cat and 4 identical black kittens. 3 boys and a girl. They sound like horses galloping when they run. And they fight all of the time. Except when they sleep. And they get into everything.

I'd like to turn them into characters, a group. Aslan, naturally.

But what could they be?

Mercenaries? An obvious choice. An Infiltration Team? 'Cat' Burglars? Shadowrun crossovers would work.

I'm going to try to roll them in RPGSuite.

How would you set them up and use them in your game?
Female Aslan tend to be the brains of the family, so maybe a start-up mercenary group that can take small jobs.

Kelly, I have had cat families as well. One pair of brothers used to love to play what I called Pounce-Chase. One would be peacefully sleeping at the top of the stairs when the other would explode out of the my daughter's bedroom, pounce on his brother and rudely awaken him, then race down three short flights of stairs to the basement, with the now wide-awake brother in hot pursuit. As they both had some Maine Coon blood, they were not small cats. They were about 16 pounds each. It sounded like a herd of elephants rampaging through the house.

Female Aslan tend to be the brains of the family, so maybe a start-up mercenary group that can take small jobs.
If you're talking starship crew and adhering to Aslan gender roles, remember that males only get 2 crew positions ... Pilot and Gunner.
EVERYTHING ELSE is a female crew position ... Navigator, Engineer, Steward, Medic ... and if there are commercial dealings that need to be taken care of ... Purser. (CT Alien Module 1: Aslan, p31-32)

But @Timerover51 is correct.
Female Aslan = Brains
Male Aslan = Brawn

Strong people use their muscles.
Smart people use their brains.
REALLY SMART people use ... OTHER PEOPLE. 😲

Kelly, I have had cat families as well. One pair of brothers used to love to play what I called Pounce-Chase. One would be peacefully sleeping at the top of the stairs when the other would explode out of the my daughter's bedroom, pounce on his brother and rudely awaken him, then race down three short flights of stairs to the basement, with the now wide-awake brother in hot pursuit. As they both had some Maine Coon blood, they were not small cats. They were about 16 pounds each. It sounded like a herd of elephants rampaging through the house.
Hey Dale, yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks!

And these little ones do the Pounce-Chase all of the time. I want t o work that into the character's routine a bit. Sounds like a set-up for an Ambush. So a Mercenary/Infiltration Team is definitely an idea. I will look through Broadsword.

If you're talking starship crew and adhering to Aslan gender roles, remember that males only get 2 crew positions ... Pilot and Gunner.
EVERYTHING ELSE is a female crew position ... Navigator, Engineer, Steward, Medic ... and if there are commercial dealings that need to be taken care of ... Purser. (CT Alien Module 1: Aslan, p31-32)

But @Timerover51 is correct.
Female Aslan = Brains
Male Aslan = Brawn

Strong people use their muscles.
Smart people use their brains.
REALLY SMART people use ... OTHER PEOPLE. 😲
Thank you! Definitely using this info.

Back