• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Help tracking down a program

dalthor

SOC-12
Some time back, I'd downloaded a data file that did extended (Book 6?) system generation.

The output looked this this:

Code:
Hex Location;Primary Orbit;Secondary Orbit;Satellite Orbit;Name;UWP;Trade Classes and Remarks;Ix;Ex;Cx;N;B;Z;P or BG;W;A;Stellar;World Type
0114;;;;(STAR NAME);;;;;;;;;31;C;Im;K9 V;
0114;0;;;Borintradin;C300678-5;Na Ni Tz Va;-2;755+5;5456;-;-;-;8;;;;Planet
0114;1;;;(WORLD NAME);F78A000-0;Co Wa;-3;700+0;1151;-;-;-;9;;;;RadWorld
0114;2;;;(WORLD NAME);F000577-7;As Ni Va;-3;740+0;5257;-;-;-;2;;;;Planetoids

I'm trying to track down the site, software, spreadsheet or whatever that generated data in this format. The original date on the file is prior to 12/15/2015; it was ported from PC to Mac, so I don't have a way to narrow down the original timeframe.

I'm hoping somebody can hook a fella up, and TYVM!

Ed

The obvious progran that comes to my mind about creating extended (and quite detailed) systes is Heaven and Earth, but it does not give the format you talk about (if I read you well).

I gues that's not the one you look for, is it?

You can open the file in Excel (or another spreadsheet program) as a semicolon separated values file (like CSV but with semicolons instead of commas).

I don't think its H&E. And it has T5 system extensions ... applied to worlds.

Sorry, don't recognise it.

I'm thinking this was a web-based application, possibly done by Thalassogen.

Haven't been able to get to his site in quite a while, and haven't seen him present online for a long time.

His site is also dead [[ it was site at heldenhaufen.de/T5/ ]] and no response to pm request.

Still searching...and playing with the Internet Wayback Machine for his site. Can generate sectors, haven't had any luck saving a .csv file yet

Last edited:
Did you see that Golan2072, Simon-Hibbs, and Egor045 are doing world generators? If you can't find what you want you can probably find something close and speak to active developers. :)

TableMaster could do that, but I've never written a table which did, and I'm unaware of any that a user created, so that's probably not it.

Are you saying you've found something semi-working via the Wayback Machine? If so, view the source and snag the JavaScript out of it, and you'll be well on your way to setting it up on a page yourself and fixing the .csv issue.

If I get something resembling free time (in crunch before MegaMooseCon right now, so that may not happen for a while) I'll take a look at it. What's the URL of what you've been using?

Are you saying you've found something semi-working via the Wayback Machine? If so, view the source and snag the JavaScript out of it, and you'll be well on your way to setting it up on a page yourself and fixing the .csv issue.

Yes, I was using the Internet Wayback Machine on Thalassogens site at

heldenhaufen.de/T5

I was able to access much of the site, not sure how to grab the javascript for some of the services, since they don't seem to function. The sector generator stuff worked, but couldn't save a .csv format file to check against the file I referenced.

There is a link for a RANDOM SECTOR and one for SYSTEM MAKER that function, but the buttons for saving don't work. Based on what I can see, this is the site that generated the file I have -- many similarities in naming conventions and general format.

Now I remember why I don't do JavaScript. Also why the correct sequence is caffeine first, code after.

I'll be a while digging through that. With any luck, one of the JS gurus will have an answer for you faster.

Back