• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Worldbuild Take 1

My first thought was all those little red boxes Sir Harry was sending home in "Yes Minister". Then realized, this is all data, and probably all of this is digital. An Imperial Ipad, as it were. Possibly more fancy, like what Tony Stark, or SHIELD plays with.

(bold is mine)

I guess you mean Sir Humphrey Applebay, permanent secretary of the Minister...

Travellermap changes.

The folks in charge of Travellermap are working to improve the quality of the material and datasets. As such, the X boat route through Lemish subsector have changed.

Before, route went from Naagasa(2511)<=>Alfive(2209)<=>Dianah(2010)<=> Naadi(1711)

Now:Naagasa(2511)<=>Luuga(2208)<=>Ginning(2108)<=> Lemish(1808) where it branches, one leg connecting to Kukish (1606) and the other branch jumping to Naadi (1711)

Lemish, Kukish and Naadi are all subsector capitals. And all 3 are within 6 parsecs of Kaasu, the sector capital.

Found the following entries in "First Survey"

1808 Udmi ⌧ A795111-A Lo Pop 902 M5 V M2 V
1908 Shiiir Aa C335444-8 L Pop 402 M3 V

As I understand, this is Milieu zero data. At this time, the sector was administered by the Makhidkarun (Nobility) Bureau of the Vilani Empire.

T5 Data, which is 1115 Data (?) says
1808 Lemish A79568C-C Ag Ni Cp { 2 } (956+2) [988F] BCF N 101 8 Im M1 V M2 V

For Lemish, we lost a Gas Giant, or possibly another object was misidentified as a gas giant.

1908 Weyland B435267-9 Lo O:1808 { 0} (610+0) [2259] B N 302 5 Im M3 V

For Weyland, there used to be a lot more people there than now. from 40,000 to 300. What happened?

Some questions and updates

I have a big question about Lemish Subsector.

When was Corridor Sector and Lemish Subsector organized by the Imperium?
I have not been able to find this out.

Also, noted that there were some updates to Traveller Maps. The following changes were made:

1)importance raised from 2 to 3 Traffic goes from 1 a week to 30 a week, 3-6 per day

2) Ex extentions changed from (956+2) to (957+5). This increases available RUs from 540 to 1,575

3) Cx extensions changed from [988F] to [998F]. Acceptance of offworlders is higher.

4) B changed from N to NS (Naval Base to Naval Base + Scout Base)

5)Allegiance changed from Im to ImDv. From Imperium to Imperium, Domain of Vland. Effectively no change.

6) Lemish is now an Amber Zone, due to a combination of Government and Law Level. Because its population is 6, it is classed by the TAS a dangerous world.

I have a big question about Lemish Subsector.

When was Corridor Sector and Lemish Subsector organized by the Imperium?
I have not been able to find this out.

Also, noted that there were some updates to Traveller Maps. The following changes were made:

1)importance raised from 2 to 3 Traffic goes from 1 a week to 30 a week, 3-6 per day

2) Ex extentions changed from (956+2) to (957+5). This increases available RUs from 540 to 1,575

3) Cx extensions changed from [988F] to [998F]. Acceptance of offworlders is higher.

4) B changed from N to NS (Naval Base to Naval Base + Scout Base)

5)Allegiance changed from Im to ImDv. From Imperium to Imperium, Domain of Vland. Effectively no change.

6) Lemish is now an Amber Zone, due to a combination of Government and Law Level. Because its population is 6, it is classed by the TAS a dangerous world.

How recent were those updates? They could have been part of the Traveller 5 Second Survey data cleanup.

They were part of the data cleanup, and I first noted it back in August. I am updating this thread just to keep all the information in one place.

Weyland has also been updated. The changes are:

1) Economic extentions have been changed from (610+0) to (611+1) Infrastructure and efficiency have been increased by 1 but the net effect is no change to RUs.

Far fewer changes than to Lemish

Now, does anyone know when Corridor Sector was organized? The big question was when Lemish subsector was organized and when the capital was established on Lemish.

I am also looking at when the Terran Confederation was formed. I calculated that if the growth rate were reduced from my original "guess" of 5% per anum to 3%, that it would push the founding of Lemish colony back around 890, about 20 years after the formation of the Confederation. I have always wanted to make Lemish survivors/escapees from Terran space, mostly so I don't have to reinvent the entire wheel. Modelling something along the lines of American Tories after the American revolution who ended up moving to Canada or the Carribean.

Also, as the rules state that a system gets a Baron after the population reached 10^5 people, that means the Barony was established around 972. Figuring an average of 20 years between barons, this would make me roughly the 7th Baron of Lemish. Again all this is at a 3% per anum population growth rate.

Previous posts concerning "Neo Functionalism" were an attempt to integrate some information that I have since learned is not canon. Besides an anglophile colony in the middle of Corridor sector would be pretty odd.

Corridor Sector

Just found this info from Traveller Wiki:

The name Corridor dates from about 140 and has displaced the old Vilani name (Eneri, rough translation: "star salad") for the sector.

This sector was known as Amshagi during the First Imperium.

The Vargr and the Zhodani know it as Roughantz (Llananae Tourz).

So, at least around 140, the sector was (re)organized. First Survey, which is compiled from 300 to 420, shows Lemish with a population in the teens. I have doubts that Lemish would be the subsector capital at that time.

Note that Kukish (capital of Kukish subsector), and Naadi (capital of Naadi subsector) are both within about 2 parsec of Lemish (capital of Lemish). That might have something to do with Lemish being made capital of the subsector. Naadi is also 2 parsecs from Depot, so militarily, that can be significant.

Also note that Travellermap does not identify the subsector capital of Strand subsector.

One thing I learned from all my years of watching Hogan's Heros is that asking and answering your own questions is tops in German efficiency. :)

In that case, I expect that Strand (0916 Corridor) would be the subsector capital, as it shares its name with the subsector. It is also labelled as the capital on this map.

I agree. I posted that to alert the Keeper of Travellermap.

On a different note, I need to contact Ronald B. Kline Jr. about his character George Chu. If Chu is the Knight of Lemish, as suggested by Traveller Wiki, I think this is something the baron should know. He sounds like an interesting character.

I agree. I posted that to alert the Keeper of Travellermap.

You could just contact him directly (he is the user "inexorabletash").

On a different note, I need to contact Ronald B. Kline Jr. about his character George Chu. If Chu is the Knight of Lemish, as suggested by Traveller Wiki, I think this is something the baron should know. He sounds like an interesting character.

I don't know if Ronald B. Kline, Jr. has an account here on the forums, but he does have one on the wiki.

Thanks, I have never used that feature on wiki. Being old, I have only used wiki to look stuff up on.

I still use my phone almost exclusively for making phone calls. :)

Well, then, this'll be a learning experience for you. ;) Wiki links are made with [[ and not [(, by the way.

Back