• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

I have been pondering halving the Jump Fuel requirement.

My question is why? Is there a specific reason that makes the game better, or is it just a way to put more stuff in a ship?
Yes, it is an arbitrary rule, but it has been canon in the setting since inception. Why change?
Good point. Until drop tanks, it was pretty much impossible (even with Size Z drives, extrapolated) to fit Jump-7 into a ship. That was an in-game physical constraint.

Drop tanks change this a bit, as does the implied High Guard "% of tonnage per Jn" formula.

I suspect having players that don't want to deal with the nuts and bolts of Starship operation has spoilt me, all I give them these days is the basic details of their ship and maybe a list of upgrades they can consider when they have to much cash.

There are several examples throughout traveller for alternative ways of making a jump without using the 10% of hull for fuel per parsec, depending on the resources of the ship designer you can make the case that ships may have a more efficient jump drive or some restrictions that give a significant boost but only in the local subsector.

I have started thinking that power plant fuel should last a lot longer than a month, especially at higher tech levels.

Back