• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

I'm having Fith Frontier War maps printed

I let my moot subscription lapse, so my inbox is full with the postings of the folks that want the maps, so do not want to delete them at the moment. Try sending the PM to GreenDragonking, I'll ask him to log in and tell me the message.

I need to procure an 11x17 paper tray to be able to print the maps, never got my $70 rebate email from Dell, so will have to pony up cash for it, looks like Dell is ignoring my emails, nobody can find my order# (I think they misspelled my name). My order confirmation email was sent to my work email account, but as I was laid off I can't get that email.

I thought you were going to have them printed at a shop.

Is this a scan of your own map, or is this the 2 part image off of the FFE CD?

Even if you don't have the print tray, you might be able to hand feed the sheets directly in to the printer (obviously it depends on the printer...).

It's the scans, the blue text is seriously out of focus on one of the pages, I looked at printing them at one of the office supply stores $50 a page for full size and the blue text as I mentioned was unfocussed, so I declined having them do it. I'm going to need to get some S/W and see if I can fix the focusing, or remove that layer and create a new layer with the text entered manually.

EDIT [A professional print shop declined to bid on the job due to it was not done with apple S/W]

Last edited:
My copy of Fifth Frontier War was destroyed by mold and bugs so I'm replacing it.

I just downloaded the PDF from drive through RPG and am having the maps professionally printed by the 3 color process it will only cost me a little for each extra one printed, you'll still need to buy your own PDF to print your counters, but if anyone wants an extra couple of maps so they can run double blind games send me a PM and I'll send you the maps. Yes I know about the Vassal module for FFW, but I just love having the physical board and counters.
I expect to have the quote from the printer next week so this is a limited time offer once the maps I have printed are gone, they are gone.

Oh, and this is FREE I am not selling them, it costs some USD 200 to USD 300 for the setup and then a small incremental cost per page printed, so I'll only be out the incremental page cost for an extra 20-30 maps I expect to be asked for. I figure some other lovers of the game should benefit from my sunk cost of printing the maps.

In case you are wondering, I checked before posting this, Marc has given permission to post this.

What is the expected cost per unit ?

FFW Maps

Hi!
I have the FFE CD for CT which includes the PDF for the maps for FFW. and as my campaign is heading in that direction I too would appreciate having a copy of the map.

Please include me in your distribution list.

Thanx
Max Septic

Back