• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Jump Proceedure

Hello all...

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
Scared the crap out of my players when a BatRon on manoeuvres came out of jump all around them...
sorry to "bump" a kind of sleeping thread but i didn't find anything about this and here is a nice reference point

How do you handle jumping BatRons or fleets concerning the different jumptimes?
Calculate the time in jump per ship or consider the jumpgrids locked together and calculate one time per jump per BatRon?

P.S.: Playing CT here...

I've always assumed the flagship generates the jump parameters for the whole squadron/fleet.
In CT LBB2 terms this is an add on to the generate program which requires an additional 1 unit of CPU space per extra ship the jump is generated for.

I have a high tech-level technocracy (extra-3I pocket empire) IMTU. They have developed a micro-jump - if you lower the energy inputs enough, the physics change. Tying together the threads on heat dissipation and this, I will mention that they have developed a jump missile - essentially a jump drive, without the capacitor to control the energy when you translate back out of jump. When the missile exits jump (preferably inside a ship or deep space fort), all its considerable kinetic energy is released, and all its mass is converted (at about 90% efficiency) directly to energy.
This combines misjumping, heat dissipation, energy signature when entering/exiting jump, and can perpetuate the discussion of just how does jump work, anyway.

Back