• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Odd Pocket Empires question

DonM

Marquis
On page 91, under Mustering Out Benefits for Bureaucrats, #4 is "Recognition".

Anyone know what this refers to?

This was an errata question, and I haven't the foggiest idea if something might have been dropped from PE?

I don't have a copy of Pocket Empires, but MegaTraveller lists a 'commemorative gold watch' as a Mustering Out Benefit for Bureaucrats 'in view of many years of fine service.' I would think that would be recognition of some sort. I'm sure you could substitute 'in view of' with 'in recognition of'. It also lists '+1 Soc' as a Mustering Out Benefit.

I don't have a copy of Pocket Empires, but MegaTraveller lists a 'commemorative gold watch' as a Mustering Out Benefit for Bureaucrats 'in view of many years of fine service.' I would think that would be recognition of some sort. I'm sure you could substitute 'in view of' with 'in recognition of'. It also lists '+1 Soc' as a Mustering Out Benefit.

I know some COTI people know people who helped write PE, and was hoping for a more "definitive answer"...

Yes, the CT "Watch" from Supplement 4 is easily inserted in the place of "Recognition", but still...

Is it modelled on the UK, where top civil servants get a minor honour for good service at the end of their career.

It could be a minor medal / honour as per the military services

Back