• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Powell Class Modular Scout

Emm, a possible answer is because they are standard modular cutter modules and they are built with attachment points along the top only???

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Emm, a possible answer is because they are standard modular cutter modules and they are built with attachment points along the top only???
Right. The ship uses standard, off-the-shelf cutter modules -- though there's nothing to stop anyone from producing side-mount modules that will attach to the mounting rails. I may design a couple myself just for fun. But the fittings (iris valves, etc.) will need to match the standard modular cutter designs if they're to be mounted in cutters as well. Otherwise, as long as they've got a matching channel for the side mounts, anything goes.

Inspired by this really quite interesting design, I scribbled this, this afternoon. I was going to do a fully finished render but then I thought, what's the point? It's only a bit of fun.

Enjoy,

Crow

modularscout.jpg

Swweeeet. So ugly it's beootiful

I love this whole project and everybody's work. Well with a few caveats, but I don't want to spoil the mood just now with my nitpicks, later ;)

Originally posted by far-trader:
Well with a few caveats, but I don't want to spoil the mood just now with my nitpicks, later ;)
Hell no! Pick those nits! That's where the meat is at! =)

Crow

Originally posted by Scarecrow:
Inspired by this really quite interesting design, I scribbled this, this afternoon. I was going to do a fully finished render but then I thought, what's the point? It's only a bit of fun.
Very cool! I love the way it looks like a giant moth, and it doesn't need to be rendered (but I DO need to work out how to use one of these in an adventure).

Hey, Crow, you feeling inspired to take on a speculative trader by any chance?
file_23.gif

Jeez, 'Crow. If that's what you call a scribble, I'd hate (and by "hate", I really mean "love" ;) ) to see something that you put some actual care into!
file_23.gif

Oh but then I guess I have - your "wedgie" and the Florian...! :D

Oh, wow. Thanks, Crow, that's marvelous! :cool:

Well, if you like it I'll maybe finish it off properly.

Thanks for the general positive comments. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just contribute towards it. Sorry.

Crow

Hi Crow, Tanuki !

You seem to make a pretty team

The designs are frightening good.
And Crows interpretation looks so alive....

Regards,

Mert

Thanks, Mert. :cool:

Well, if you like it I'll maybe finish it off properly.

Thanks for the general positive comments. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just contribute towards it. Sorry.

Crow
Nothing to be sorry about! This is a conversation, not a carefully structured lecture and your contributions are very welcome! :D

I'd love to see what a "properly finished" version of that will be!

Thanks

Hi Crow, Tanuki !

You seem to make a pretty team
The designs are frightening good.
And Crows interpretation looks so alive....

So what am I? Chopped Liver?
file_22.gif

Ok, I have added some of Tanuki's Updates, I am not sure what I am going to do as far as fins. on it. I am not quite sure they really belong.

Thoughts?

powell2.jpg

Ya, I know, the colors could be better.

Cool! The lighting on this one is much better than the originals. You can see it more clearly and you get a better feel for the shape.

Nice work.

Crow

Back