• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Regina UWP from 1085 through 1900

Nathan,

I understand the need to use 1248. I think the first book and a half are useful. Then it goes off tilt.

They have plenty of reasons to loose billions.

Attrition. Well, in the course of over 100 years they had 9 major events.
  • The Vargr Invasion
  • The Zhodani Refugees
  • The War with Virus
  • The War with the Ziru Sirka
  • The Failed bid for Capital (A great fleet and personnel relocated to capital) vs the K'Kree
  • Two wars with the Aslans
  • A War with Sword Words over the Border Worlds invasion
  • Migration to the 4th Imperium
  • The Imperial Regency civil war

In the OTU "Lorenverse" TNS and TNE 1248 Mora receives additional authorities (capital status) as a result of changes in Nobles.

With regards to the population changes via history. The events you describe happen between TNE and 1248. The text clearly indicates that Regency did not attack when the Republic declared its independence because Ciencia was in the middle of the Capital Bid and the Regency Navy was not going to punish her brother without direct orders from her. By the time she came back after being trounced by Virals, he had schmoozed some of the remaining Navy and it was too late. (The Spinward States p. 69.) That being the case the UWP populations of TNE and 1248 Regina look fine.

As far as why I insist on using 1248? Basically, it is The New New Era, one of "The Important Eras of History" Core Rules v5.09 TRAVELLER 5 p.17. It is listed along with The Golden Age, The Rebellion, The Virus Era, The New Era and The Galaxiad. While I am certainly not part of the "cabal" I have heard Mr. Miller and his associates be called, I would like to throw my Cr.02 to provide more thought to those that are involved in development. 1248 and GTIW are the lenses I view the OTU since Children of Earth cannot be used.

Besides who doesn't like My Little Ponies of Death (aka The Gods of Thunder)?

Last edited:
re 1248. I am bound by canon. If I didn't use it as a guide, Marc will shun and/or scold me. And Don has taught me well to fear canon, both OTU and LTU.

Of course, the canon is made for man, and not man for the canon. But still.

re 1248. I am bound by canon. If I didn't use it as a guide, Marc will shun and/or scold me. And Don has taught me well to fear canon, both OTU and LTU.

Of course, the canon is made for man, and not man for the canon. But still.

Hey Rob,

*** How do I get to know the canon better? ***

Don helped me a bit, but there is so much gray area...

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Way to ask the hard questions!

I'll look up Don's Hermeneutic. Suffice to say that FFE-published material and Don's Timeline contains OTU canon, and GURPS Traveller contains the LTU canon. And Marc can resolve issues in whatever way he thinks is best.

Maybe you mean "how do I resolve problems?". Again, I'll look for Don's Hermeneutic.

Way to ask the hard questions!

I'll look up Don's Hermeneutic. Suffice to say that FFE-published material and Don's Timeline contains OTU canon, and GURPS Traveller contains the LTU canon. And Marc can resolve issues in whatever way he thinks is best.

Maybe you mean "how do I resolve problems?". Again, I'll look for Don's Hermeneutic.

Found. Copy moved to the reference area

Back