• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: Reporting Issues in TravellerMap

And since I'm here:

Duplicate names are all over the place. The Marches have a few examples. Provence needs a fair amount of tidying, but I'm unsure if this actually a problem.

Re: Duplicate worlds on TravellerMap

Any perusal of the Vargr Extents, in Dhuerorrg, Ngathskirz, Fa Dzaets, Provence and into Gzaekfueg will handily witness world name and UWP duplication.

In 2018 and into 2019, I submitted a revision to Gzaekfueg Sector, my revisions sitting in:

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Gzaekfueg_Sector/layout_data

There was one catch. My revisions did not receive the warning that the presence of a Naval and a Corsair Base would grant +1 Importance, a change not found in T5.10 chapter on World Generation. After my work in Knoellighz and Gzaekfueg was discovered and judged inaccurate in world Importance {Ix}, I threw a small, minor conniption. But the damage is done. Naval Bases with Corsair Bases grant +1 Importance across the Vargr Extents, though this does not seem to have pushed any worlds over Importance 5...yet. This was a good ol' boy network agreement in the T5 Second Survey team. I might have been warned back in 2015 of such a change when I revised Knoellighz. Damage sustained and shrugged off.

Another revision I refused was to lower any legally-rolled Vargr world of TL-16 or higher, (see Dhillourr in Gzaekfueg and Kueghakhe in Kharrthon). I kept those Extra-High Tech worlds, wrote up the justifications upon the Wiki and judged them harmless to the OTU at that Tech Level. Your mileage may vary.

You are invited to adopt a sector in the Vargr Extents suffering from this gross negligence by whomever rolled such sectors and their duplicates. I and the various Vargr ethnicities will thank you.

Example: In Ksinanirz Sector, there are human Scout Bases and human names for the worlds in rimward subectors of Ksinanirz, including TL-16 Hellewanse, clearly not a Gvegh or Logaksu name at all.

From Stellar Cartography, this is the Pakkrat.

Last edited:
Back