• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Running a Traveller HERO Campaign

DonM

Marquis
So I've now done a full review of the two core books, and I'm wondering how many referees ran HERO campaigns using the books, and what supplemental material you might have had to put together (builds, etc). But now I'm not sure there's enough material actually in the Traveller HERO core books to actually convert a CT adventure to HERO, and I'm wondering if someone else already solved the problem I've just ran into...

Last edited:
I ran a Traveller game using 4th Ed Hero many moons ago. I could not be bothered with making Hero versions of space ships or using Hero vehicle combat rules so stuck with High Guard for ship to ship combat. For modifiers I made characters make appropriate rolls (Gunnery/Turret Weapons) and then gave a +1 Traveller modifier for each two points the Hero roll was made by. Seemed to work OK as a way of using Hero for characters and skills and CT: High Guard for ships.

Back