• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starships

As with many here, @magmagmag , your illustrations are the absolute image of my Traveller universe. I do have one request: when you eventually get around to doing the Dragon-class System Defense Boat (Traders & Gunboats), I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9. I absolutely love how you reproduce classic Traveller black-and-white line-drawn images in beautiful 3D renderings! Thank you for the great inspiration!

I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9.
s4XumEq.png

As with many here, @magmagmag , your illustrations are the absolute image of my Traveller universe. I do have one request: when you eventually get around to doing the Dragon-class System Defense Boat (Traders & Gunboats), I request you include one image based on the "SDB ready for launch" image on page 33 of JTAS #9. I absolutely love how you reproduce classic Traveller black-and-white line-drawn images in beautiful 3D renderings! Thank you for the great inspiration!
To add to that request, I'd love to see a drawing of the Dragon SDB with it's attached jump shuttle. And possible the jump shuttle on its own.

I thought I'd remembered your doing a Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser, @magmagmag , and then I realized it was just a distance shot in your beautiful Scout/Courier shot. Do you have a close-up of the Leviathan? Did the Scout ship discover the former MC-51336 Marcucci, now a pirate ship?

Attachments

• starship Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser.jpg
    starship Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 39
I thought I'd remembered your doing a Leviathan-class Merchant Cruiser, @magmagmag , and then I realized it was just a distance shot in your beautiful Scout/Courier shot. Do you have a close-up of the Leviathan? Did the Scout ship discover the former MC-51336 Marcucci, now a pirate ship?
I think these are his.

Attachments

• 1_LV_001B.jpg
    1_LV_001B.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 1_LV_004B.jpg
    1_LV_004B.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 34
CROSS SECTION PART A OF KUGASHIN CLASS LABORATORY SHIP TYPE-L
The ship has twenty staterooms and no low berths. Cargo capacity totals 23 tons; 85 tons are available within the ship for use as lab space. The lab ship carries one 40-ton pinnace and two air/rafts. The ship itself is unstreamlined. The laboratory ship requires a crew of five: a pilot, a navigator, a medic and two engineers. Gunners may be added to the crew if the ship is armed; additional crew are carried to accomplish the ship's research functions. The laboratory ship costs MCr71, and takes sixteen months to build*3)*4).
*3)Marc Miller: Double Adventure 3b, Death Station, Game Designers Workshop, pp.10, 1981.
*4)Anonymous: Starship deck plans in 25mm Scale, Seeker Gaming Systems, pp.1, 1991.

Attachments

• 000400LAB_SHIP016_INNER_B2.jpg
    000400LAB_SHIP016_INNER_B2.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 27
I would like to remake it including interriors. Marcucci II is new one. I think the first ship has already been lost as a pirate ship.

I am searching images classical illustration of the SDB, the X-boat tender, Type-J ....
Combed through my PDF collection of JTAS issues 1-36 and found the following images, a few of which I presume you already have.

JTAS 5, p34
5ReJuK2.png

JTAS 6, cover
heuXk73.png

JTAS 6, p10
xMr3es7.png

JTAS 28, p5 and 6
sIH1OGa.png

WgmYkFG.png

JTAS 31, p19
avgjqyW.png

Obviously, this is mostly Scout/Courier art, because Express Boats/Tenders were rarely featured.

I'm still amused by the fact that Express Boats are the interstellar equivalents to hot air balloons in terms of their hull shape.

onccvI4.jpeg

Back