• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Status, 10/6/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have misread there, as i understood the draft you only roll the location once, the damage is then applied in that one location versus the different protections.

Incorrect. Read the draft closely. Under step 4 Inflict Damage on page 213, it says clearly:

Hits apply to a specific Hit Location,
A Weapon may be able to inflict more than one type of
Damage. Each damage is inflicted separately including to a
potentially different Hit Location.

P. 213, Current T5 Draft

Also the damage application is going to be targets choice, so they pick which attributes to apply it too so no rolls there.

Also incorrect. The T5 draft also has an example to show how to place damage on a character.

Here's that example from page 213.

For example, Eneri Dinsha 777777 is Hit by Bullet-2.
Roll 2D for Damage inflicted (= 4 and 3). Bullet inflicts Hits
to C1 C2 C3. Determine the location of each of the two Hit
Dice randomly. The first Die (4 Hit Points) is applied to C2
and reduces it to 3. The second Die (3 Hit Points) is applied
to C1 and reduces it to 4.

As you can see, what I wrote above about the extreme number of rolls required in the current T5 draft is true.

BTW, my preference is to do as you say--that is, allow the defending player to arrange incoming damage dice against his character's physicals as best he can while always keeping the damage dice whole.

IMO, randomly applying damage dice is not only time consuming with needless dice throws but also makes the game a bit too deadly.

Maybe the random roll should be in a sidebar for a "gritty" option.

This has gone well past 'discuss how you think the process is going'.

Thread lock. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back