• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller5 Private Access Forum Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm caught up. If you don't have access and you bought the T5 CD-ROM, you haven't followed Hunter's directions. :)

pgroff: I don't have a join request from you.

At the moment, I'm caught up with all join requests, with four users having mismatches I'm waiting to resolve, and one user wanting to change accounts.

If you followed Hunter's instructions, the system will drop a "join request" into my account for you...

Did it April 12

At the moment, I'm caught up with all join requests, with four users having mismatches I'm waiting to resolve, and one user wanting to change accounts.

If you followed Hunter's instructions, the system will drop a "join request" into my account for you...

Hi again,

I did it on April 12, which you can confirm on this thread (my message is there).

Phil

Preorder Customer

Hi again,

I did it on April 12, which you can confirm on this thread (my message is there).

Phil

In case you have trouble locating it, here is my second official request to join as a preorder customer. My CotI email address is pgroff@rogers.com.

Phil

Phil: Posting in this thread is NOT sending me a join request. If you follow all of Hunter's instructions, the forum will send me a little message called a "join request". Unfortunately, that is the ONLY way I can give people access to the T5 private area.

The sad fact is that this thread really has confused people. The e-mail leads you to believe that posting here takes care of everything, but actually, posting here does nothing. You must initiate a join request (which is a board function, like a private message), and that's the only way I can give people access.

Fortunately, we've had over 220 users perform that task successfully...

Trying again...

I'm sorry, I thought I had followed the instructions:

Once you have your account squared away please click on the next link below and add a note to the existing thread that you are one of the Preorder customers. We will verify your preorder by using your CotI email address. Once we have verified your order you will be given access to the Traveller 5 Private Access Forums.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=15495

I clicked on the above, just as I believe I did on April 12, and now am adding my note...

Phil

Which will STILL do nothing.

Hunter put this message at the start of this thread:

"We'll be opening a Traveller5 Private Access Forum here in a day or two for those who have preordered the T5 CDRom. If you have preordered you will shortly receive an email letting you know how you can go about accessing this new area.

Basically your CotI account email needs to match the email address you preordered T5 with. If it isn't already, go ahead and change it.

Once it's changed, go to the User CP drop down menu at the top of any forum page and click on the 'User Control Panel' link (it will have a black background). Once on your User Control Panel page, scroll down the page and on the left you should see a section of links under 'Miscellaneous'. Click on the link that says 'Group Memberships'. From there you can request to join the Traveller5 group.

Once we get the request, we'll do the original email verification and if they match you'll be added to the T5 group and have access to the private forum."

And unfortunately, the only way the board software will allow me to give anyone access is if you use that method to initiate a "join request".

Posting in this thread does nothing useful :(

I use it to let people know I'm caught up, or there are problems.

My apologies, I'm obviously going blind in my old age. ;-) I somehow never got past the bit about making sure that my email address matched, and just followed suit with what I saw others doing in the thread. Doh.

Caught up again! Phil -- I think we've got you now!

245 members! See you on the other side...

Preordered

Hi All,

Just leaving a short message as requested and taking the opportunity to say Hello!

MarsRanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back