• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vacc Suit

Originally posted by Supplement Four:
Vilani Akakishshar Climate Control suit, or VACC suit.
I kinda like the Vilani take on this. But, another way of handwaving this comes to mind.

Think of how military gear is described in print: MRE (Meal, Ready To Eat) or even PGMP (Plasma Gun, Man Portable) or how about MULE (Military Utility Lifter, Equipment).

So...Vaccsuit.

================================================

paragraph.gif
There are three basic Climate Control Suits (C&C suits, also called "Sissy" suits).

</font>
  • Vacuum, Climate Control Suit - VACC Suit (Vak-Soot)</font>
  • Heat, Climate Control Suit - Hecc Suit (Hek-Soot)</font>
  • Cold, Climate Control Suit - Cocc Suit (Coke-Soot)</font>
In spacer vernacular, if someone says, "grab the Hecc Suit," it is understood that the heat protection suits will be donned. If someone says, "wear your Cocc Suit", it is understood that cold weather gear is appropriate. And, if someone says that a "Vacc Suit is necessary", then it is understood that an EVA walk may be around the corner.

Many times, if the climate (Vacuum, Heat, or Cold) is known and understood, people will simply refer to your C&C suit or your Sissy Suit.

I like the Vilani above...but now that I look at it, I'm starting to like this more.

"Complies with IMoT and IN Joint Standard Vac-C-Suit."

Vacuum, C class, suit: Mid-weight personal utility suit

(VacB is, IMTU, the light duty vac suit, and vac A the suit liner)

Back