• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What would you like to do with Traveller in 2017?

I've got a play by post game just barely starting, but also hoping to get a live online (Google Hangouts and/or Roll20 or something like that) game going.

Frank

If everything went perfectly:

1. Restart my Traveller campaign.

2. Organise my Tavonni notes into something publishable.

I've posted quite a few deckplans here. I frequently ask how often they are used in games, and not many have responded. of those that have said yes, they use them in games, most seldom or never post here otherwise.
I steal all deck plans I see on this site, and file them away, to be used and looked at quite frequently. Sorry if I don't tell ya'll how great they are. All the deck plans on this site are great and all you guys do fantastic work.

As for what I want to do, complete fleshing out Lemish, especially the history from 1105 up to 1116, detailing forces and resources available to hold off the Varg invasion. Get up to the point where one could game out the invasion, to provide details and ideas for a fictional manuscript.

Sorry if I don't tell ya'll how great they are.

well (grin) I know they're good. not looking for praise, what I'm looking for is some indication of whether or not I'm wasting my time.

makes my day to hear of them being used. if you have any suggestions or comments on them as to gameability - what worked, what didn't - feel free.

It's the start of the new year - if things go perfectly for you, what are the things you'd like to accomplish, make happen, contribute to, tweak, explore, read, or start work on with Traveller?

Any version, any media, any expression. All resolutions discussed here are non-binding ^_^

Put a game on Geek and Sundry :coffeesip:

I've got a play by post game just barely starting, but also hoping to get a live online (Google Hangouts and/or Roll20 or something like that) game going.

Frank

How do you do a game in hangouts? seems interesting. I've always been interested in play by email./bb/post.;)

How do you do a game in hangouts? seems interesting. I've always been interested in play by email./bb/post.;)

The hangouts game is live, we have myself and three players. Two of the players are also in the Pacific Northwest (USA) while the third is in New Zealand (unfortunately their transition to standard time and our transition to daylight savings time has put a monkey wrench in the timing, the game just got 2 hours earlier for him...).

I share application windows to share maps. We have yet to run a combat, I will probably do some kind of scribbling over a deck plan shared.

I also run a play by post game on the odd74.com forum. A play by post game runs at a slower pace and will demand more abstract combat.

Frank

My campaign is on a brief hiatus while I run a Dark Albion campaign, but a couple of months from now I'll start it up again and alternate game days between it and Dark Albion. The same players are in both campaigns, plus or minus a couple in either who prefer one to the other so we'll just keep a-gamin'.

But in my campaign, over the rest of the year, my OTU will go through another civil war on the frontier, a potentially apocalyptic invasion by an alien race during the civil war, and then a moral crisis for the players involving A) the possible destruction of an alien race, B) the potential destruction of mankind, C) or maybe if they play their cards right, the players might become heroes and then go on to more adventures after a suitable reward.

Or something like all that...high adventure and sword n' blaster capers, that's the only thing for sure.

The hangouts game is live, we have myself and three players. Two of the players are also in the Pacific Northwest (USA) while the third is in New Zealand (unfortunately their transition to standard time and our transition to daylight savings time has put a monkey wrench in the timing, the game just got 2 hours earlier for him...).

I share application windows to share maps. We have yet to run a combat, I will probably do some kind of scribbling over a deck plan shared.

I also run a play by post game on the odd74.com forum. A play by post game runs at a slower pace and will demand more abstract combat.

Frank

Hi Frank, I think your forum is wrong, it is http://odd74.proboards.com/. Anyway the hangouts sounds neat. Hope your NZ cam Kreep in.

Joe

My campaign is on a brief hiatus while I run a Dark Albion campaign, but a couple of months from now I'll start it up again and alternate game days between it and Dark Albion. The same players are in both campaigns, plus or minus a couple in either who prefer one to the other so we'll just keep a-gamin'.

But in my campaign, over the rest of the year, my OTU will go through another civil war on the frontier, a potentially apocalyptic invasion by an alien race during the civil war, and then a moral crisis for the players involving A) the possible destruction of an alien race, B) the potential destruction of mankind, C) or maybe if they play their cards right, the players might become heroes and then go on to more adventures after a suitable reward.

Wow, sounds cool.:cool:

What format do you play? pbp/skype/hangouts/or vis-a-vis?

Or something like all that...high adventure and sword n' blaster capers, that's the only thing for sure.

I very much concur.:coffeesip:

Wow, sounds cool.:cool:

What format do you play? pbp/skype/hangouts/or vis-a-vis?

I very much concur.:coffeesip:

Face to face old-school Classic Traveller. We play for about 4-5 hours every other week. There is a core of 6 players (not counting me) and 2-3 others that drift in and out depending on what we are playing; some prefer Traveller and some Dark Albion. If you live in Portland OR check the game calendar for Guardian Games for when the next session is.

Face to face old-school Classic Traveller. We play for about 4-5 hours every other week. There is a core of 6 players (not counting me) and 2-3 others that drift in and out depending on what we are playing; some prefer Traveller and some Dark Albion. If you live in Portland OR check the game calendar for Guardian Games for when the next session is.

Alas, I'm on the opposite end of the contenent from you. :( New York.

Back