• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

World Map generator for T5

Hey thanks, I'll check that out. Current PRNG is called 'Alea' and it's an object I found on Github: https://github.com/davidbau/seedrandom when I went looking for a way to expose the seed. It's quicker than the default javascript PRNG - but I really would like to let the script make Size 33 worlds mainly so that everything that needs generating within the rules (up to size 20) will definitely not break the script.

It's placing the randomised oceans that is causing the the script to seize up when the job gets too big.

LOL. I assumed the link would have a javascript version but of course it's only got the C version.

Could you post / e-mail a javascript version? I'm afraid my knowledge of C is very poor.

There are several updates since I last posted in this thread.

1) You can now generate all maps in black and white.
2) You can now 'drill down' to the Local Hex level. Click on any hex in the World map to produce a World Hex map; and click on any hex in the World Hex map to produce a Terrain Hex map; click on any hex in the Terrain Hex map to produce a Local Hex map.
3) All maps are produced using the T5 World Mapping rules (p. 421 of the T5.09 core rules) but are subject to some interpretation. I have documented those interpretations in a PDF file (link on the World Mapping Generator itself).

As always, the link is in my signature.

This is so cool. Any hope of adding a scale that tells how many km per hex in both the main map and the zoomed in local map?

Hey, herr_phil, no worries, glad you found it. I've certainly been guilty of not seeing something on a web page!

I have updated the map generator. Major changes to web layout, but functionality is the same. Some minor bug updates.

More changes to come.

Many thanks to inexorabletash for feedback on the whole project and pointers towards more resources.

Thanks poolboy!

Also, there is an update. Details in the change log. I'm hoping the whole thing is a bit more robust.

I have nearly implemented the 'fix list' inexorabletash gave me, although not his feature requests.

More to come into the future.

Back