• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Would You Buy a Solo Traveller Product?

Would you buy a Traveller adventure written for solo play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted "depends." I might, to read and possibly adapt for a group, but I don't care about solo RPGs unless they're electronic.

Although it appears as if this idea had died out, I would love to see some Traveller solos, especially new ideas...

Why not just make an computer RPG with multiplayer and Referee capabilities? The technology is out there and it would bring Traveller players together online.

One of the only actual official games Ive ever played is Marooned Alone other than making up my own quick games/set pieces and playing them solo. So yes I would buy a solo product if it was well done.

Why not just make an computer RPG with multiplayer and Referee capabilities? The technology is out there and it would bring Traveller players together online.

I'm playing trav with people from around the world right now on gametable.

I voted yes but in truth would encourage my GM to so he could inject some freshness into his dusty old gameworld!!! Moldy you know who you are!!!

Little known secret, I bought Traveller because I thought there would be a solo-version of the game within the rules somewhere. "Star Smuggler" by Dwarfstar had the "learn to play as you go" format with rules "hypertexted" after a reference. Much to my puzzlement Traveller did not have this format, and so I was left to devise my own solo-adventure.

D&D I recall has a couple of solo modules (I think they're called X-SOLO modules or something). I think Steve Jackson Games published some adventure books that were similar to the "choose your own adventure series" written for pre-teens. I think Task Force also published some solo-modules for Car Wars as well.

So, in short, yes I would have, though probably not now. When you can't find people to play with, it's always kind of fun to fire up your own adventure.

Little known secret, I bought Traveller because I thought there would be a solo-version of the game within the rules somewhere. "Star Smuggler" by Dwarfstar had the "learn to play as you go" format with rules "hypertexted" after a reference. Much to my puzzlement Traveller did not have this format, and so I was left to devise my own solo-adventure.

D&D I recall has a couple of solo modules (I think they're called X-SOLO modules or something). I think Steve Jackson Games published some adventure books that were similar to the "choose your own adventure series" written for pre-teens. I think Task Force also published some solo-modules for Car Wars as well.

So, in short, yes I would have, though probably not now. When you can't find people to play with, it's always kind of fun to fire up your own adventure.

I take it then that you would not be adverse to having some adventures for the solitary player then. Don Featherstone did write a book on Solo Wargaming that I will have to get out for some ideas.

I take it then that you would not be adverse to having some adventures for the solitary player then. Don Featherstone did write a book on Solo Wargaming that I will have to get out for some ideas.

Not at all. I don't game much anymore other than online stuff, and I'm not sure I'd buy anymore rules or modules unless it was to research something I was writing. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with solo modules for Traveller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back