• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Zoe's gun in Serenity

Originally posted by Isaac_1963:
Has anyone here actually shot such a gun, or anything like it? The closest I've come is attaching a hard plastic pistol grip to my pump 12 gauge with an 18.5 inch barrel. I could shoot it well enough at 7-10 yards or so (anyone could) but it hurt my right hand like all hell. I think 3 or 4 shots was all I was willing to put up with.
You were probably shooting birdshot or buckshot, I expect. Try putting something really hefty such as a rifled deer slug through it; I guarantee you'll be willing to try that exactly once. My elbow hurt for a week...

Yeah, I was shooting 3" #4 buckshot. I don't even want to think about a slug.

Originally posted by boomslang:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Isaac_1963:
Has anyone here actually shot such a gun, or anything like it? The closest I've come is attaching a hard plastic pistol grip to my pump 12 gauge with an 18.5 inch barrel. I could shoot it well enough at 7-10 yards or so (anyone could) but it hurt my right hand like all hell. I think 3 or 4 shots was all I was willing to put up with.
You were probably shooting birdshot or buckshot, I expect. Try putting something really hefty such as a rifled deer slug through it; I guarantee you'll be willing to try that exactly once. My elbow hurt for a week... </font>[/QUOTE]

Back