• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

1248 Book Update

The backstory does deal with the hart times and he dark years. ONe reason for this is that a lot was glossed over on TNE that will become important with the wider scope of thsi book.

To answer the question: this book deals mainly with the 4th Imperium in the New Era, but contains some data on other regions and will be followed by more exhaustive treatments of those places.

Originally posted by MJD:
The backstory does deal with the hart times and he dark years. ONe reason for this is that a lot was glossed over on TNE that will become important with the wider scope of thsi book.
Fair enough. I'm even more curious now... so would the book have enough information to enable a GM to run a game in the TNE (1200) era as well as the 1248 era? I'd kinda assumed you'd be skipping over the existing MT and earlier TNE eras so you could spend more time developing the new stuff.

I can't skip over without at least some attempt to do the backstory justice. You'll at least have some idea baout the 1200 era.

Very unofficially, here's a question...

Hypothetically...

Suppose QLI offered a 'Bearers of the Flame' subscription package from now. What this means is you pre-order the book in print form now. You get access to a secure playetest area where the raw draft will appear for discussion, playtest and development. You get the raw PDF as the book is completed and (probably) a pretty version later on, and of course the full book as it comes off the presses.

Of course, the final version will contain a few things that won't be posted in the playtest area, but there you go.

Would this be of any interest?

Sign me up please

If you're actually going to do a proper playtest of a first draft that's open to some extent for discussion and nitpickin (like the SJG playtests) then yes, I'd be interested.

(That said, I'd be interested in a PDF draft being made available like the Gateway book too.
)

You would have to have a hundred horses keeping me restrained.

I always would approve of something that grants me privilleges of criticism plus a dead tree version!

I'd definitely be interested.

Would the "playtest" section allow constructive feedback? For example:

Topic A: Perfect as is.
Topic B: Really good, but if polity 1 hates polity 2 why did they do x together? What changed? I don't see it in the text.

The whole playtest/feedback/buy in stages idea certainly tempts me. But I'd the option to just buy the PDF versions, since I prefer PDFs to printed books.

Very unofficially, here's a question...

Hypothetically...

Suppose QLI offered a 'Bearers of the Flame' subscription package from now. What this means is you pre-order the book in print form now. You get access to a secure playetest area where the raw draft will appear for discussion, playtest and development. You get the raw PDF as the book is completed and (probably) a pretty version later on, and of course the full book as it comes off the presses.

Of course, the final version will contain a few things that won't be posted in the playtest area, but there you go.

(Pulling out credit card) Where do I send the money? Hypothetically, of course. I'm presuming a cost similar to the T20 Travellers Handbook? Honestly, I'll subscribe as soon as I could.

William

I'd be interested ... especially as there is a hardcopy at the end of it. It depends upon cost and amount of playtest feedback desired.

I thought you already brought up something like this a couple months back. My answer is the same: where so I sign up?

I too would be interested in this method and am getting my credit card ready as soon as I have some money to put into it!

I'll take all the feedback I can get, though if you are willing to pay just to watch the work unfold then that'e entirely your business..

Back