• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Anybody still playing M0

Strip mining can represent layers of exploitable resources.

But for that initial start up and venture capital from angelic investors, you have to identify some item that can recover that investment within a short time frame, which currently is usually five years, but let's say, interstellarly, ten to twenty.

“Strip mine the cities” …

I posit that the concentration of LITHIUM in the soil beneath a city that had ubiquitous Lithium Battery powered vehicles 1700 years ago would be greater than the concentration of LITHIUM in a typical asteroid ore deposit … that makes it a better place to mine for lithium than exploring an undiscovered system.

I welcome (some, any) DATA rather than (mere fiat) opinions to prove me wrong.

I doubt that any of us have the ability to prove anything of our conjecture about a fictional future history. Mankind on earth has not been using lithium in any quantities to have 1700 year old ruins where lithium use was ubiqutius enough to establish high grade deposits under the ruins. Shall we just enjoy our hobby?

Back