• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

At the starport, you discover...

See...See?
I TOLD you so...I am so never going to step foot on an Imperial Starport ever again....
I think I'll go look up my cousin Vi'gnee and see if there is room in his 400 dton Vargr secure trader crew...
file_23.gif

THEN I'll be back..
-MADDog

185.-at Night--You see 13 pairs of booted feet sticking out of 13 suspicious bundles nearby in the warehousing section, and three large Humanoid aliens discussing what to do with them near their field kitchen just off the maglev loading dock. eavesdropping reveals argument on how best to "serve them up". Bundles look like they contain small humanoids[DC-15 spot check].*

*inspired by the Hobbit/JRR Tolkien

and one of the huminoids is thumbing thru an old tatered well worn military manual. its tital is TRADER RAIDERS FIELD COOKING -- cook 56-42.
Makes you wonder what recepie they are going to try?? :eek:
file_22.gif

186.- A 400dtn "Secure Vargr Trader" [having misjumped several months ago] sells its internal compnonent offs, and most of the crew ship off on another, save the steward, who decides to enlist your aide in opening the gutted vessel (now planetbound) into a Nightclub, with a Piratical-Terran flair/theme.**

**inspired by what do you do with a grounded starship, Shane Mclean.

187. - A large piece of Luggage, resembling a large chest and made of pearwood. (4+ on d6, the lid will be open, revealing assorted jewels, gold, etc.) If the player tries to reach inside, the following will happen:

d6
1-3. the lid of the luggage (sturdy, well aged, and undoubtably heavy) will slam shut (DC 15 to avoid loss of limb).
4-5. the lid will snap (in remarkably life-like fashion) at the would-be intruder. This should be taken as a warning. Should the intruder continue in its attempts, +3 to the next die roll.
6. the lid will remain open and allow the removal of approximately Cr500 worth of its contents. The lid will then begin to quiver....

If 6 is rolled, when the player tries to move off, the Luggage will sprout several dozen small knobby humanoid legs along either side, and begin to follow the player. The Luggage has an infallable ability to follow its new adopted master into any situation (+20 to all Intuit Direction, Listen, and Search checks)

Stats for the Luggage to follow.

(With thanks to Terry Pratchett)

Paul Nemeth
AA

186. Members of the 41st Independent Squadron out on a ground mission. Most of them seem to be females of various species, but generally human.

187. As above, but out on liberty as opposed to on a mission. They're in a bar and grille or restaurant, still mostly female, when a few drunk members of Trader's Raiders try to pick them up. A fight ensues where the Raiders are roundly trounced. ;)

188. A Jim working for a merc unit (possibly the 41st IS, ref's choice though) tries to hire military characters. Chaos ensues when the pcs refuse.

189. A member of the Scout Service is looking for a fugitive, and contacts you for info.

Here's one I used recently ...

190. A stranger starts asking questions of Scouts like "how far out did you go?", "have you seen anything strange there?" or "did you bring anything back from ...?"; he's a slightly touched Imperial Intel agent, convinced of an imminent alien invasion, looking for confirmation of his convoluted conspiracy theories (but is he really that crazy?).

now an oldie but goodie:

191.-Starport<anywhere> you are accosted by a small precocious child about to cry-"help me find my Mommy." Child claims Mother was lost in the crowd-"thataways"..

192.-As above, save child is an alien<GM determines which race/gender>, speaks broken galanglic..

An announcement comes over the terminal PA...

193) "There is NO truth to the rumor that this complex contains an execution chamber disguised as a tri-D theatre. Please sit back now, and enjoy our feature presentation..." - by ZUTROI (Refer to #184).

(Would that feature be called "Terminator"?)

194) "Please disregard any screaming from the security section..."

195) "All terminal personel are reminded to say nothing of the 'Red Flag' incident to any passengers or crewmembers, as it never happened..."

196) "Thirty... twentynine... twentyeight... twentyseven..."

197) "Oh, baby! Yes! Yes! YES! Hey, what's that light for? You ("illegitimate offspring"), you put us on public address! I'm gonna (CRASH! BUZZZZZZZZZZ *click*)"

198) "Please disregard the previous announcement. Code blue to Terminal Administration! Code blue to Terminal Administration!"

199) "(... here, gimme that!) THE POWER AND THE GLORY OF THE LORD IS UPON YOU! RISE UP IN HIS NAME AND SMITE THE ALIEN HEATHEN! (Hey, let go!) FOR THE DAYS OF JUDGEMENT WILL COME NIGH AND ALL WHO OPPOSE HIS WILL SHALL BURN FOREVER IN THE LAKE OF... AWRIGHT, DROP THE MICROPHONE! (Huh?) I SAID DROPPIT! NOW PUT YOUR HANDS UP! THAT's RIGHT.. LOOKOUT! GRENADE! (BOOOOOMMM!! *click*)

200) "Your attention please... oh, never mind."

At the Star Port, you find yourself broke and grounded.
While you are walking out the Front Gate you find a "Wallett" stuffed with 100credit Imperial Notes, there is 37 of them!!!....There is also an Imperial Ships Captain's I.D....

What do you DO???? :confused: ;)

Back