• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT CD-ROM Issues, Take #3

I have question that may result in an issue. Is the CD-ROM supposed to have both the 1977 and the 1981 editions of Books 1-3? If so, I am pretty sure mine does not. If it does, they must be cleverly hidden.

Nope just the 1981 editions. I've been pushing, and doing very little constructive work towards (now I feel guilty) getting a kind of FAQ put out with the differences between the two. I'm not even sure where it stands at the moment, but Don would know :)

Actually, I think that errata is in the Consolidated CT Errata...

And I'm working on correction status for all the CDs...

I have question that may result in an issue. Is the CD-ROM supposed to have both the 1977 and the 1981 editions of Books 1-3? If so, I am pretty sure mine does not. If it does, they must be cleverly hidden.

Mine does not, not does it have HG1.

It's also missing the Adventures booklet for Starter Traveller.

None of the CDs have the 1977 edition books, or HG1.

I'll look into the Adventures booklet issue for Starter Traveller.

I got my email on the updated disk! It's ordered, along with another 4 CDs. :)

For anyone who has the old disk that hasn't gotten the email, the updated disk is $7, which is refunded if you buy another disk when you order your update disk. There's an order link on the FFE front page:

http://www.farfuture.net/

In my case, I decided to take advantage of the 443 special as well (4 disks for the price of 3). You pay full price on the initial Paypal transaction, then Marc does a Paypal refund for the difference from the promotions (in my case, $42 off the price.) So don't worry when the Paypal price comes up not reflecting the discounts--it comes back later.

-Mark

Hmmm...

< willpower being further drained... minimal resistance evaporating... >

I just have to remember... what?

;)

My mind is a sieve these days.

I got my email on the updated disk! It's ordered, along with another 4 CDs. :)

For anyone who has the old disk that hasn't gotten the email, the updated disk is $7, which is refunded if you buy another disk when you order your update disk. There's an order link on the FFE front page:

When was there an email issued? :eek:o:
I've heard nothing.

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered it. *fingers crossed* :)

Last edited:
CD doesn't mount on some drives

Hi folks - anyone else try to mount the revised CT CD-Rom on a Mac? It won't mount on my MacBook Air's external SuperDrive.

Off to find a compatible machine -

It mounts fine on my black MacBook (original 2008) under Leopard and iMac 20" (late 2010) under Snow Leopard, both with SuperDrives. The only thing I've had trouble with is that my ebook reader (Sony Reader PRS-950) doesn't like the composite PDF files, so I have had to do a Print as PDF on my Macs to turn those into contiguous single PDF files for the reader.

Last edited:
I used an unlocker (PDFKeyPro) on the files, and my PRS decided they were then OK... didn't like the locked versions.

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Traveller CD. For the adventures mainly. With that in mind, how are the maps and the graphics? If I print out the map of Dinom for myself and my players from Across The Bright Face, how it it going to look?

Thanks!

Viewed rotated and at 167%, there will be some slight artefacting and it's inoffensively blurred, but it should print perfectly fine on printer paper. The terrain icons and other features were just penned in so simply that one could jot that down freehand without losing anything.

Back