• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

FFE CT-CDROM Revision

size fixes

It would be awesome if the fix the size problems with Book 0 Intro, Book 6 Scouts, and Book 8 Robots. I also noticed that the pdf of posted errata on the Far Future website pages 12-23 are too small also. (the Striker charts). Any word on if the update will fix these problems?

Is this released yet, and are the OCR issues corrected? I'm an old player who got rid of his CT stuff years ago, and want to look it over again (even though there aren't any local players :( ).

I believe that it is still in production and we're still waiting for it. Most of the scans were fine and legible. However, a few scans were simply terrible (e.g. Scouts, the Atlas of the Imperium, Robots, and a few other books on the disk). There were some reported OCR issues, but that isn't as troubling -- to me at least. Patience is a virtue in the Far Future. ;)

When this is ever available I hope FFE will permit some other payment method besides Paypal as the latter have been having some epic snafus with their payment system since Feb of this year as far as I can gather from >250 complaints on their customer forum.

When this is ever available I hope FFE will permit some other payment method besides Paypal as the latter have been having some epic snafus with their payment system since Feb of this year as far as I can gather from >250 complaints on their customer forum.

I'd second that. I've been developing a real dislike for Paypal (after a run-in with an otherwise very good, small computer games publisher).

More practically, a good scan of Scouts would be really useful. So I look forward to an eventual replacement or update (from my point of view, download would be so much easier).

If you don't have the present disk & are waiting for the new one to come out, my personal recommendation is to just get the present disk & enjoy it till the new one's ready. Between T5 and the fixes to the other CDs (like the JTAS CD), plus getting more material out like the third-party content that's come out--well, there's a lot going on while we wait for the updated CT disk to come around on the guitar. The present disk isn't perfect, but don't deny yourself the enjoyment of what's there while waiting.

Seriously, not trying to be a shill, it's how I feel as an owner of current disks. An owner with a strong interest in the updates, but enjoying what I've got now, pretty much daily.

If you don't have the present disk & are waiting for the new one to come out, my personal recommendation is to just get the present disk & enjoy it till the new one's ready.

I'd agree with that, too. The vast majority of the contents are really nice to have. (I should head over to the T5 forum again sometime.)

To be absolutely honest, I have pretty much given up all hope of ever seeing revised versions of the CD-ROMs. I think we'll just have to accept the quality of the present editions for what they are, and make the purchase decision based on that. The CT one is not bad, and worth the money IMO. It's only the MT one where reports of quality have put me off buying it - which is why I think it's odd that that one isn't a priority for re-vamping. There's definitely a lot going on - way too much, in fact.

I've been holding back to allow Marc to make his own announcement, but this is an unofficial announcement...

"We have updated and improved the Classic Traveller CDROM to repair various defective files, fix missing pages, and generally make it better. If you acquired the Classic Traveller CDROM before January 1, 2011, we have the replacement disk available for $7 including shipping (just the disk; discard your old disk and insert this one in the case)."

There will be a special place to order this, and Marc has the list of all the original purchasers. I don't know exactly when this will be available, but it's in the works. When it is, Marc plans on making a nice, formal announcement.

And yes, if you bought the CD since 1/1/2011, you should have the fixes.

I'll go nudge Marc on the Paypal issue.

Last edited:
Thanks, Don and Mr. Miller for news. :)

As an alternative to Slaypal, I'm not opposed to sending in a money order to FFE, since that will be easier than dealing with the aforementioned witless company and their eternally befuddled Indian tech/customer support people. :eek:o:

Back