• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Deckplan Challenge - Contest

I'd be glad to - but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, etc. etc.

I don't know the history of the highport, so I'm happy to soak up the ideas/concepts/brainstorm words/feel details, etc. from Andrew and others.

Thanks for the oppt'y!

Just took a peek - HOLY CRAPSICLES, that's a big F*&^*($'ing station.

My idea off the bat is to provide an internal block diagram, to detail one bay wedge (1/40th of the area of the top 'cheesewheel'), to provide a detailed cutaway side view, and to put a few representative deck designs of the 'spine' in place. Sound good?

Mikazoid, You won't be stepping on anyone's toes (except maybe Andrew's but he's a nice chap with very strong, small toes, so they're hard to step on). If you'd like to enter the deckplan as part of the competition (it would be great if you would), then post the deckplan here before 31st January.

Ravs

Yeah, it's pretty big. Probably for a major world - A/B port, 8+ pop, TL 12+.

A 1/10 slice of the top half contains 2 large bays and 3 small, with the bottom being a mirror image.

Brilliant, TE - I was hoping you would contribute something too.

Mikazoid: You are the Lizard King! You can do it!

best

Ravs

Originally posted by mickazoid:
Hehehe!
Can any of this work also be used for the nascent 'Starports' book project?
Yes! Anything you design for the competition is remains yours.

Ravs

Andrew Boulton:--Bravo! THAT's my idea of an orbital port! 16Mgdtn? Nice. Pop 8 & with 40x 98K bays & 60x 25kton bays? Hmmmmm... ( does some quick math..)
file_23.gif
5.92 Mgdtns of bays.

Ms. Mickazoid:--anything you do is yours. If we can get it aboard the 'Starports Made easy'/ 'Starports for Dummies' (like me)/ 'Universal Starport Guide' LBB, it will be a definite plus/ feather in your hat/ & further exposure of your talent. :D :cool: x 10th power.

Starports Project Leader,

Those bays sound big, but don't forget ships are often odd shapes (eg a Scout/Courier actually needs a 750dt bay, and if you want to do repairs you can quadruple that...)

Originally posted by robject:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
Here are views of the highport to do with as you wish. It's roughly 16Mdt.

http://www.traveller3d.com/highport1.png
http://www.traveller3d.com/highport2.png
Now that's a starport. </font>[/QUOTE]Love the pictures.

But if you'll premit a slightly off topic nit - shouldn't there be some docking concourses as well as bays? Just thinking about trying to pressurize/depressurize a bay everytime a ship comes in or leaves.

Hey Ravs, I don’t know what your plans are, but….

Given how many pages this topic is and how spread out the plans/specifications are, it might be better to move all of the contest entries to the voting page when it comes time to vote.

Nice start, mikazoid! Can't wait to see it develop.

Sid & at, yes, I will copy all the entries onto the voting page to prevent confusion.

Cheers

Ravs

Back