• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Errors on "big" Spinward Marches map

mjwest

SOC-9
While working on my Daryen website, I noticed two errors on the published 17x22 map of the Spinward Marches. The errors are:
- Junction(0122) shows a starport of "B" despite every listing only showing a "D".
- Nonym (0321) shows no water (white circle) despite having a hydro rating of "3".

(Needless to say, these have been/will be fixed for my site.)

How many known errors *are* there on these maps?

I have the map from the MT boxed set, but I am sure this also applies to the one from Deluxe Traveller, too. Also, those sites that use scans of the map (like the excellent spinwardmarches.com) haven't fix the errors.

Old news I know, but is there a list of these errors somewhere?

Where did you get the map and the UWP info from? Some CT sources do conflict but I'm not sure anyone has ever captured the errata.

I physically have a copy of the 17x22 four color map included with the MegaTraveller boxed edition. The maps used at www.spinwardmarches.com are scanned from the 17x22 four color map included with Deluxe Traveller.

As for listing, I am going by Supplement 3 (I have the Classic Supplements), the Imperial Fringe adventure (I have the Classic Short/Double Adventures) and the innumerable sector listings on the web.

In all cases, the maps are consistent with each other and the listings are consistent with each other. But the maps and the listings disagree with each other.

I guess this just confirms that no one else has bothered too much with the Darrians to this point. :)

An errata list would have been nice, though. Oh well.

I never saw the map included in MT but have the one from Deluxe CT; I had no way to know if they were the same or not. By the way, the Spinward Marches Campaign had one or two errors (Regina's TL is one I believe) which conflicts with other sources. Thsi is the first I've heard of CT map errata though. Interesting.

One cool thing they did with the "white" vs "blue" planets is that it is a "white" planet if it has Fluid seas.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vargas:
I never saw the map included in MT but have the one from Deluxe CT; I had no way to know if they were the same or not. By the way, the Spinward Marches Campaign had one or two errors (Regina's TL is one I believe) which conflicts with other sources. Thsi is the first I've heard of CT map errata though. Interesting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I may ask, what TL is given for Regina in the Spinward Marches Campaign? The reason I ask is that I remember some of the LBB suppliments giving Regina's TL as 10, and I THINK (not handy with me right now) that the LBB Spinward Marches suppliment itself may have listed it as 10. Later though, can't remember if this was toward the tail end of the CT era or when MT came out, Regina jumped to a 12. At the time, I just shrugged and took it to mean that Regina had an artificial boost in TL, but I wonder if this was a mistake that they decided to go with (hey, we accidently printed Regina's TL as 12...heck, leave it, makes more sense if Norris' homeworld has a bit higher tech) or even if it was an intentional rewrite of canon. (Hmmm...let's see...we really should have made Regina 12...err..we'll start publishing it as TL 12, maybe no-one will notice...).

As an unrelated aside, I remember the T4 listing for Vland showing a starport B...but I digress...

smile.gif

------------------
It is not I who am crazy, it's I who am mad!

[This message has been edited by Cleon the Mad (edited 12 March 2002).]

Re: Regina's TL

I can't speak for the SMC, as I don't have that module. However, in every other piece of CT material I have seen, Regina is TL A. I would assume that it is TL A in the SMC, too.

Regina was "promoted" to TL C in MegaTraveller. Right from the beginning (in the boxed MT set), Regina had a TL of C.

I had always assumed that the PTB decided that a TL of A was too low for Norris' home planet and bumped it to a more respectable C. If pressed, I am sure they would have said that Norris pushed through a severe "upgrade" program to raise the TL.

[This message has been edited by daryen (edited 13 March 2002).]

Back