• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

favorite movie lines

Originally posted by Garf:
Okay 'Bruce'

Heh. yeah B5 rocked. I really liked that show. Never did get to see the end though.
Well .... They're about (unless they have already done it) to release the first season complete on DVD. If memory serves, it is either a five or six DVD disk set.

Something of a keepsake.

Virtually anything from Kosh is quotable and although not original, Marcus' "You can get more done with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word" really stand out.

Originally posted by Vargas:
Virtually anything from Kosh is quotable and although not original, Marcus' "You can get more done with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word" really stand out.
My favourite Marcus quote: "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Kosh gets a bit irritating after a while; I think Sheridan's saving grace as a character was the fact that he finally did what a lot of fans had been thinking and had a rant at the inscrutable Vorlon. In context, probably Kosh's best line is the simple statement "And so it begins" (from the end of Season One and subsequently used in the Season Five credits) because it sets the seal on the sudden realisation that something MUCH bigger is going on.

And I still love (in context) Morpheus' line from the Dojo scene in The Matrix:"You think that's air you're breathing? Hmm."

I always liked James Earl Jones' delivery on the line. "Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans, and bring me the passengers I want them alive."

Not a movie quote but...

Mind that bus. What bus? Splat!
Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf
file_21.gif

Originally posted by BenBell:
Which reminds me of another classic Vir quote.

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and give a little wave like this. "
[gives a little wave with just his fingers.}
"Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"
Doug Berry pointed out on the TML, that of all the people who Mr. Morden asked what they wanted, only Vir got what he asked for with no strings attached.

Originally posted by eclipse:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BenBell:

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and give a little wave like this. "
Doug Berry pointed out on the TML, that of all the people who Mr. Morden asked what they wanted, only Vir got what he asked for with no strings attached.</font>[/QUOTE]That is very much true too... and also ended up wearing the top necklace at the end of the series.

Originally posted by djg_p:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by eclipse:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BenBell:

Doug Berry pointed out on the TML, that of all the people who Mr. Morden asked what they wanted, only Vir got what he asked for with no strings attached.</font>[/QUOTE]That is very much true too... and also ended up wearing the top necklace at the end of the series.</font>[/QUOTE] All hail Emperor Flounder! :D

(B5 meets Animal House)

Whoa. Everyone missed the BIG "Star Wars" quote-

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this"
-Han, Star Wars
-Luke, Empire Strikes Back
-Lando, Return of the Jedi
-Obi Wan, Episode One *
-Anikan, Ep 2

My favorite B5 Quote:

By, J'quat, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. Nooo moral ambiguity. Noooo hopelss battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say. We were the good guys. And they made a most satisfying thump when they hit the floor!"
-Sir J'Kar, the Red Knight to King Authur. (I think the episode was 'Grail' where the man who started the Earth-Minbar war had gone looney and though he was King Authur.)

By, J'quat, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. Nooo moral ambiguity. Noooo hopelss battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say. We were the good guys. And they made a most satisfying thump when they hit the floor!"
-Sir J'Kar, the Red Knight to King Authur. (I think the episode was 'Grail' where the man who started the Earth-Minbar war had gone looney and though he was King Authur.)
It was said by G'Kar, not J'Kar but a minor point, and it came from the episode A Late Delivery From Avalon (which isn't actually as bad as it sounds.)

G'Kar: Do you want to be President?
Sheriden: Yes.
G'Kar: Then put your hand on the book and say I do.
Sheriden: I do.
G'Kar: Good, let's eat.

Vir Cotto: Ah, he has become one with his inner self.
Garibaldi: He's passed out.
Vir Cotto: That too.

Londo Mollari: When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate reaches zero."
Jack in Fight Club

Not a movie, but the series Futurama
Fry to Zoidberg's people, on their strange customs..
"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs"

Murder...Death...Kill...Murder...Death ...Kill...

Whats these three sea shells for??.....

.......The Vally of the Jolly Green Giant....

UUUMMM....Smells Like Biskets and Gravy!!!..... :rolleyes:

Another banter between Londo and G'Kar:

"There, you see! I'm going to live."
"So it would seem. Well, it's an imperfect universe."
"Bastard."
"Monster."
"Fanatic."
"Murderer."
"You are insane!"
"And that is why we'll win."
"Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they say. Will be an *easy* assignment. Ah, I hate my life."
"So do I."
"Shut up!"

Londo ended up being on the wrong end of the stick on numerous occasions.

Originally posted by MT++:
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate reaches zero."
Jack in Fight Club

Not a movie, but the series Futurama
Fry to Zoidberg's people, on their strange customs..
"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs"
More B5, Mr Bester to B5 Security Guard; "Nice to know they are continuiing the tradition of recruiting from the shallow end of the gene pool."

From "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

King Arthur [Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]: How does it... um... how does it work?
Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments!
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu--
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five!
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three!

And

King Arthur: Old woman!
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice! And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.
King Arthur: I am your king!
Dennis: Well I didn't vote for you!
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Dennis: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king!
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony! You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Back