• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Imperial Marine Traditions

When I go to the start of this thread, Netscape tells me it's trying to contact 'ogc.secnav.hq.navy.mil'; anyone know why? :eek:

Yeah. The SEAL badge in my post on Captain Shepherd. I'll kill the link.

BTW, I opened a Wounded Knee thread on Random Static

Thanks fer the info on Cav, Ranger!
from a crunchy of the 7th ID, past & present, and former Rakkasasn (11th ABN/ now 3rd Brigade 101 AASLT Div), the 187th.

Ne desit Virtus (Let Valor not Fail)

(I refrain from the Hooa-ahh out fof deference to UB). Nice thread.

Bye ya'll, even CPt BlackLight (
Infantry= Crunchy/ Track Lube grease, one each)

The Mink writes:

I had a picture of a troop of Abrams crashing over walls and through houses with that damned thing as a sound track.
As a former Abrams crewman, and a member of Delta Company, 2 Battalion, 8th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Divison, I can assure you that if we were rolling your way you'd have only heard Metallica or Led Zeppelin as we came crashing over your walls. (We don't drive through buildings as a matter of course, sometimes these crazy people put basements in their houses). ;)

Regards,
Larry

Originally posted by DaddyDragon:
The Mink writes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I had a picture of a troop of Abrams crashing over walls and through houses with that damned thing as a sound track.
As a former Abrams crewman, and a member of Delta Company, 2 Battalion, 8th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Divison, I can assure you that if we were rolling your way you'd have only heard Metallica or Led Zeppelin as we came crashing over your walls. (We don't drive through buildings as a matter of course, sometimes these crazy people put basements in their houses). ;)

Regards,
Larry
</font>[/QUOTE]__________________________________
Mink: The gary Owen the Cav does for parades, and change of command ceremonies N such ( as we witnessed at Ft Irwin Last summer where we joined them in the OPFOR Mission against the likes of the 3rd mech Inf, and 82nd ABN's 502nd Regt.).
The Tankers of the Black horse we held the passes with preferred heavy metal music. (Though there was the hank William's fan scattered here n there with Charlie Daniels..all good stuff).
file_23.gif
:cool: :cool:

Liam devlin writes:

The Tankers of the Black Horse we held the passes with preferred heavy metal music.
Nods to you Sir Liam.

And something else that I meant to address concerning one of the very posts in this thread....The Marines have more than enough tradition and pompous self-righteousness to spare, that they would probably be almost as insulted as us cav troops by being tied to an army unit designation. 7th Cav, indeed!

Of course, everyone wants to be Cav. Cause everybody knows, if yo ain't Cav, you ain't ^*%*!
file_21.gif

Regards,
Larry

Top O th' day to you too Larry!

As fer those mad men who build basements, (Speaking of crashing tanks into Buildings) we in the crunchy side of th' service prefer ye drove around the building's we're hidin' in.

The Germans started, and the Russians perfected the Tank vs Building toppling method 1941-45, btw.. SHoot the bottom out from under it (street level wise-the rest will fall!

I have to admit Tanks would be usefull, This Amateur thinks, in dealing with that old FIBUA adage.

Never Use a door when you can use a window
Never Use a window when you can make your own entrance

BWAMMO! BA-doom.

Ahh... now we have our 'own entrance' down this entire SET of row houses... Good Show lads!

It's amazing how 10 years ago seems like just yesterday, but FIBUA is sure interesting when the other guy brings tanks. In fact, I remember surprising a troop out of 7th ACR in a tank ambush in a village outside of Rothenburg o.d.T. back in '88. Leading with tanks in FIBUA, or MOUT as some call it, is not a good idea. ;) There are just so many rounds in a basic load.

Paul Nemeth
formerly Special Service Force (Canada) and 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade (Centag)(Germany)

Actually, that brings me to something that MJD and Hunter brought up in one of the other discussion groups: would any of you be interested in contributing to an article (format to be determined) to highlight units/ formations/ military traditions of the Gateway?

The idea has generated some discussion, and I think that, with some collaboration, CotI users could come up with a pretty interesting reference. Perhaps along the line of the article in the old JTAS on the Duke of Regina's Own Huscarles.

Interested?

Paul Nemeth
AA

Sign me UP!!!

heh. It's been awhile since I've written even a school paper and longer yet since I've written something for the fun of it. I don't think I'm up to doing a complete issue of TA on my own. (just downloaded TA 1 and flechettes aside it's SWEET)

but I have sold some amateur short stories so I'm not a complete hack.

where do I sign?

Garf
10 years since I was a 'weekend warrior' and 'private for life'

Originally posted by Antares Administration:
Actually, that brings me to something that MJD and Hunter brought up in one of the other discussion groups: would any of you be interested in contributing to an article (format to be determined) to highlight units/ formations/ military traditions of the Gateway?

The idea has generated some discussion, and I think that, with some collaboration, CotI users could come up with a pretty interesting reference. Perhaps along the line of the article in the old JTAS on the Duke of Regina's Own Huscarles.

Interested?

Paul Nemeth
AA

Liam, heretic at large

Interested?

Paul Nemeth
AA
Count me in! After all, I have to make sure we get some dignified British traditions in there somewhere, as well as this Hoo-ahhing you colonials are all so fond of...

Shane

Shane posted:
"Count me in! After all, I have to make sure we get some dignified British traditions in there somewhere, as well as this Hoo-ahhing you colonials are all so fond of..."

As some interest is starting to be expressed, I'll float a trial balloon with Hunter et al. and see what sort of reception it gets. I've been working on an outline of "Military Weapons of Charted Space" for a new TA, but perhaps the two go better together. I'll post a draft outline later today.

In the meantime, any others who are interested, please post here and let us know!

Later,

Paul Nemeth
AA

Liam, et al, funny story: one maneuver from Graf (Grafenwoehr), to Hohenfels training area, we were dead dog tired, exhausted from only 1 hour of sleep a night for two weeks. We road marched our M-113's from Graf to Hohenfels. One M-113 which belonged to one of my fellow platoon leaders, took a wrong turn. Seems that the driver, the TC (track commander), AND the LT had all fallen asleep. The driver pulled on the lateral, and the M-113 did a "right face" directly into the living room of a German house.

This was bad. But then the floor collapsed.....

The first one on the scene was the 2 star division commander to find a German family looking down from the second floor, and a rather startled US crew looking up from the basement. It took them nine hours to get the M-113 out of the house. When asked what it cost the US Army, I was told; "Don't ever ask".

And who said military maneuvers did not have their points of high comedy?

In the meantime, any others who are interested, please post here and let us know!

Later,

Paul Nemeth
AA
I'd be interested in contributing to this.

Interested?

Paul Nemeth
AA
I had expressed interest in something like this in another thread, so I might as well do it here too.
;)

Interested?

Paul Nemeth
AA
Well, people can't shut me up so I'll try to help. I didn't respond before because I haven't bought T20.

Back